National Firearms Museum Director to Display Famous Guns at Kansas City Waterfowl Classic
FAIRFAX, VA – -(AmmoLand.com)- Jim Supica, Director of the NRA’s National Firearms Museum, will display one of the Museum’s most valuable collections at the Cabela’s in Kansas City, Kansas, this weekend as part of the store’s Waterfowl Classic.
The Museum’s exhibit of famous firearms from Hollywood Westerns will be at the Kansas City Cabela’s, 10300 Cabela Drive, on August 15 and 16.
“This collection always draws a crowd, and we’ll be on hand both Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.,” Supica said.
Additionally, Supica will present “Tips for Gun Collectors & Researching Gun Values” at 3 p.m. both days.
Real guns from reel westerns in the display include:
- · Winchester 1892 carbine used by John Wayne in Stagecoach;
- · Winchester lever action used by Chuck Connors in The Rifleman television series, modified for quick firing each time the lever is closed;
- · Walker revolvers used by Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josie Wales, and featured in True Grit with John Wayne;
- · Flintlock rifle used by Charlton Heston in The Mountain Men;
- · and the Sharps rifle used by Tom Selleck in Quincy Down Under.
For more information on the National Firearms Museum, visit the NFM web site at http://nra.nationalfirearms.museum.