Winchester Bonded Pdx1 Personal Protection Ammunition — Adds Two Popular Calibers
.380 Automatic and .45 Colt for 2010.
East Alton, IL – -(AmmoLand.com)- Winchester Ammunition’s Supreme Elite Bonded PDX1 line generated a lot of attention in 2009. To continue meeting the demands of consumers, Winchester has extended the Bonded PDX1 line by offering it in .380 Automatic and .45 Colt for 2010.
The Bonded PDX1 line uses the same technology the Federal Bureau of Investigation uses as its primary service round. The Bonded PDX1 is engineered to maximize terminal ballistics, as defined by the demanding FBI test protocol, which simulates real-world threats.
“The Bonded PDX1 is the best of the best when talking personal protection ammunition,” said Brett Flaugher, Winchester Ammunition’s vice president of domestic and international marketing and sales. “It is capable of penetrating a wide range of barriers from clothing to plywood, and still effectively stops a threat.”
Winchester® Bonded PDX1™ features include:
- Proprietary bonding process—Welds lead and jacket together to work as a unit controlling expansion and providing superior retained weight.
- Hollow point—Works with the bonding process for outstanding performance through tough barriers and impact velocities/ranges.
- Jacket notching—Six segments help promote positive, consistent and programmed expansion at a variety of impact velocities and ranges.
- Copper alloy jacket—Contoured for maximum upset over a wide range of velocities/ranges.
- Nickel plated shellcase—Helps ensure positive gun function through smooth chambering and shellcase ejection.
“All of the Bonded PDX1 design features working together as one system help ensure consistent upset,” said Flaugher. “This technology helped secure the FBI business and is the only choice for personal protection available.”
Symbol Line Grain Jacket
- S380PDB .380 Auto 95g JHP Bonded
- S45CPDB .45 Colt 225g JHP Bonded
Symbol Line Weight Jacket
- S9MMPDB 9mm Luger +P 124g JHP Bonded
- S9MMPDB1 9mm Luger 147g JHP Bonded
- S40SWPDB 40 S&W 165g JHP Bonded
- S40SWPDB1 40 S&W 180g JHP Bonded
- S45PDB 45 Auto 230g JHP Bonded
- S38PDB 38 Special +P 130g JHP Bonded
For more information about Winchester® Ammunition and its complete line of products, visit www.winchester.com.
Winchester is Proud to be a Leader in the Shooting Sports
Winchester® Ammunition has been the exclusive ammunition sponsor of the USA Shooting Shotgun Team since 1999. The mission of the USA Shooting organization is to prepare American athletes to win Olympic medals, promote the shooting sports throughout the United States and influence other shooters to become interested in international competitions. Winchester has taken the initiative to become a leader in advancing and supporting conservation, hunter education and our country's proud shooting sports heritage. To receive more information about the U.S. Shooting Team, visit www.usashooting.org.