Important “Huntin’ Safe Tips” From Hunter Safety System
Danville, Alabama --(AmmoLand.com)- Hunter Safety System would like to remind you that since the primary archery season is over, this is the perfect time to do some maintenance on treestands, climbing aids and safety equipment.
It is important to make sure all equipment remains both safe to use and functional for the next season.
Here are a few basics to help ensure your safety:
- Check all strapping material, buckles, seats and stitching for wear and tear.
- Oil hinges, and tighten bolts and screws.
- Repaint where necessary.
- Check all rope assemblies for cuts, unraveling or any weak areas.
- Wash away dirt, mud or oils that may create dangerous slippery areas.
- Add padding to rails where needed.
- Take steps to reduce any potential noisy squeaks or clicks.
- Order and replace any missing or damaged parts.
- Purchase safety accessory items that you do not have.
- a. Quick-Connect Straps
- b. Lineman’s Climbing Strap
- c. Lifelines
Failure to follow many of these basics could lead to serious injury or death. Be sure to check the Hunter Safety System website each month for important, life-saving safety tips. Log on to www.huntersafetysystem.com.
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Danville, Alabama, Hunter Safety System is a leading designer and manufacturer of innovative deer hunting gear and hunting equipment for the serious hunter. For additional information, write to: The Hunter Safety System, 8237 Danville Road, Danville, AL 35619; call toll-free 877-296-3528; or visit www.huntersafetysystem.com.