Today is Thursday, October 02, 2014rss RSS feed

Nearly A Million Rifles Banned By Barack Obama And His Anti-Gun Cronies
Did you know that Barack Obama has banned nearly a million American made rifles?

M1 Rifle Ban

A Million Rifles Banned By Barack Obama And His Anti-Gun Cronies

National Association for Gun Rights

National Association for Gun Rights

Colorado -–(Ammoland.com)- In an executive order the Obama Administration has secretly blocked the re-importation of American made M-1 Garand and Carbine rifles being stored in South Korea.

These rifles were used by the US military during the Korean War and left there after the war was over.

With one stroke of his pen, he by-passed the legislative process and banned nearly a million American made rifles by executive fiat.

That’s why I instructed my staff to prepared a petition and video against Obama’s Historic Rifle Ban.

Watch the video and then sign the petition to President Obama and congressional leaders Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid stating your opposition to the Historic Rifle Ban.

Make no mistake, these rifles were made in America, by Americans and used by American soldiers to defend freedom on foreign shores and are greatly sought after by American shooters and collectors.

Now State Department officials claim these antique, collector rifles could be used to commit crimes.

While the radical anti-gun crowd is giddy with praise for Obama’s latest back-door gun ban, law-abiding citizens across the United States are crying foul.

These outrageous claims are a thinly veiled attempt to distract from Obama’s special interest payback to the radical anti-gun crowd. This desperate pandering must not be allowed to continue.

It has been common practice since the end of World War II to re-import these American made rifles from the foreign allies they were lent to after the war.

During the Reagan Administration a similar import request for 200,000 Garand rifles was approved.

State Department officials say they are working with South Korea to “dispose” of these American made rifles.

You and I both know that is bureaucratic code for the melting down and destruction of these iconic American made rifles.

On top of banning American citizens from owning these rifles, Obama’s State Department is arranging for the destruction of nearly one million historic, American rifles.

To help dispel some of the myths surrounding this iconic American rifle, Director of Operations Luke O’Dell interviewed M-1 Garand expert Rory Edwards in the Video below.

Let me be clear: at no time in U.S. history has the ownership of any part of this gun been restricted or banned.

These firearms — truly pieces of American history — rightly belong in the hands of U.S. citizens, and Obama has banned nearly one million of them without cause.

Once you’ve watched the video, please sign the petition against Obama’s Historic Rifle Ban.

The National Association for Gun Rights’ staff will compile your petitions and forward them to President Barack Obama and Congressional leaders Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

Thank you, in advance for joining me in standing up against this outrageous anti-gun action.

For liberty,
Dudley Brown
Executive Director

P.S. In a secret executive order, President Barack Obama has secretly blocked the re-import of nearly a million American made rifles.

That’s nearly a million historic rifles that Obama doesn’t want in the hands of American citizens like you and me.

About:
The National Association for Gun Rights was founded in 2001 to serve as a grassroots gun rights group focusing on building state-level gun rights groups and lobbying for pro-gun federal legislation. Brown has been a gun lobbyist for more than 17 years. Visit: www.nationalgunrights.org

Editorial Disclaimer: The opinions and views expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of the staff, AmmoLand Shooting Sports News, or other sponsors and partners. See the Editorial-Review Process for more details.
  • 20 User comments to “A Million Rifles Banned By Barack Obama And His Anti-Gun Cronies”

1. Gary Christofferson on September 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM said:

This is ridiculous! This is an outrage to the citizens of the US. These rifles pose no threat to national security, nor as a terrorist threat. This must be reversed.

2. Edward Wilhite on September 18, 2010 at 3:58 PM said:

Lift the M1 Garand ban now, please.

3. 2 gun johnnie on September 18, 2010 at 5:18 PM said:

if it were some jennings or lorcin crap but m-1 and m-1 carbines come on think obummer if thats possible

4. Bradley keller on September 19, 2010 at 5:33 PM said:

What the hell are you thinking Mr President.I am a law biding citizen born in the U.S.A. I am not a gang banger outlaw or a threat to this country. Why should I lose my rights when I follow all the rules that are required to purchase,own,or collect firmarms. you cant blame the gun for the shooters actions.

You are making a poor decision and stuffing a part of our heritage in the closet? Shame on you.Don’t forget to burn the American flag before you go to sleep tonight.

5. captbilly on September 19, 2010 at 8:05 PM said:

I can’t get upset about this until I have more information. 1. Where can I go to find independent verification that this Obama did something to actively stop the return of these rifles? When I say actively I mean, did he actually stop these rifles from being returned to the US or did he not request, authorize or demand the return of these rifles. 2. Who was supposed to pay the cost of returning these rifles to the US? 3. Once returned to the US were these rifles then going to be auctioned to the highest bidder or was a commercial, for profit company requesting to import these rifles from Korea back to the US?

6. Unfortunately this is (mostly) true. Basically, the Obama Administration reversed course and decided NOT to allow the sale of roughly 85,000 mil surplus guns from South Korea into the US market. They cited that such a large influx of guns with easily obtainable high-cap magazines could open up opportunities for people who want to acquire guns for illicit purposes.

I’m a member of the NRA and the local WA State Arms Collectors….i’m all for the second amendment….but this is really not a big deal to me. I’m not interested in old carbines at collector prices….the second they start messing around with my 1911’s and sniper rifles, get back to me and i’ll be singing a different tune….until then, who cares! Go buy an M1 somewhere else! if the ROK hadn’t decided to sell them they wouldn’t be on the market anyway…..sheesh…whiney little babies!

7. Oh and for (somewhat) independent verification, search google news for: Obama M1

8. From The Washington Times article (online):

The State Department confirmed to The Washington Times that it was considering “alternative options” to deal with the classic rifles. During the Clinton administration, such code words meant melting them down. The government in Seoul was told that this step was being taken for the protection of Americans. “The U.S. insisted that imports of the aging rifles could cause problems such as firearm accidents,” a South Korean Ministry of National Defense official told the Korea Times last month.

9. Ernest Harpster on September 20, 2010 at 8:51 PM said:

Being a veteran of 42 yrs service and being denied the opportunity for all veterans to legally own a rifle that was made in the USA and used by our troups in Korea is a real injustice to who would want to own this piece of history.

10. glockolotron on September 24, 2010 at 11:42 AM said:

Fox News also reports that the Obama Administration has banned nearly a million M1 rifles: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/01/obama-administration-reverses-course-forbids-sale-antique-m-rifles/?test=latestnews

@Jonny We all need to stick together as gun owners and back each other up. I’m not an M1 enthusiast myself, but I’m still going to speak out against this outrageous ban. I encourage you to reevaluate your position and do the same. Not to mention, these rifles are pieces of history.

11. What executive order number was this? An executive order cannot be “secret”, but a part of the public record. Reminds me a lot of an e-mail I received a few years ago about congress passing a secret law.

If it’s a law, an executive order, or anything else, it would need to be a part of the public record.

Sorry, Dudley, but your information checker on this turned out to be a bit of a dud. You missed the major rules of journalism in this article.

> WHO: You claim it was President Obama. (No, I voted for the other guy, and dropped my membership from the DNC the minute he was nominated)

> WHAT: You claim it was an executive order, but failed to offer up the actual order by reference number, saying it was secret, but executive orders cannot be secret: they must be a matter of record.

> WHY: That would be explained in the executive order, but, OH, that’s a secret. If it were such a secret, how did you hear about it and just what was the explanation. “Oh, the Gun Ban Lovers say they can be used in crime.” So a screw driver.

> WHERE: NOW you bring up the state department without any corroborating facts.

> WHEN: Executive orders actually have dates on them, including any amendments that are made after an initial one is issued.

> HOW: Yes, how could this “Secret executive order” be issued.

Hire new fact checkers and then invest in a home study journalism course to learn the basics of writing an article… or at least how to spread a lie and make it sound truthful to the average American. (Sorry guys, but if you fell for this as being the truth, well, there’s still hope for you, but NEVER take a call to arms article or letter as being factual.)

12. I guess Obama feels that it will not be that bad to let the gang bangers kill a few. And the bangers from Mexico that made it across the boarder to do the jobs that Americans won’t do. This is OK. But ooooooooono. He needs to stop the really bad long guns that will kill people and be used in all the robberys. God bless America and all the people that stand up..

13. Delmont Honeycutt on December 26, 2010 at 5:38 PM said:

I feel that being a law abiding citizen and I used to carry that rifle most of my military carrier. I see no use in destroying all this military supplies. I think you should let all these excess military weapons be imported to the United States and allow the people of good standing purchase these weapons. You know one day we could be forced to fight on our own soil and it may well be that if we don’t have some protection then we may be over run. I think a person should have a right to protect their own Country.

14. Kevin Landrum on March 1, 2011 at 3:59 PM said:

These rifles are a part of our history. They are still property of the Army and paid for by the tax payers of our country.The ban is ridiculous. The M1 is not a threat and you know it.

15. Bring them home and give them to the citzens of the boarder states so they can protect themselves since the government will not protect our boarders..
      This rifles are a part of our history and should not be destroyed.

16. Lynn Blocker on July 7, 2011 at 3:05 PM said:

I got one Mr. Obama, notice I refuse to call him president, why don’t you come and get it.

17. I see the tea baggers live on this site.

Right wing nuts.

Please go away.

Liberals will win again in 2012.

18. ^ Troll

19. I am signing the patitions because we desearve ourfreedom as Americans ,But at no time have you actually produced that the president was at the bottom of this and what roll is congress playing .I want the blame where it is supposed to be not accusations and fingire pointing to stop it .I like guns and the older one’s even though I can’t afford to buy one because congress keeps us short on money and long on theirs .

20. James dillon on December 20, 2012 at 3:24 PM said:

Dear Obama , I understand where you are coming from . You should not banned automatic rifles or hand guns though. Instead you should put a higher tax on them . The tax money should then be used too upgrade school security in the United States . Also , what if the borders where over run by immigrants with fire arms . You would then probably be happy some law abiding citizens have guns . I am a legal american citizen with southern American heritage and I have heard of Americans becoming victims of crime along the mexican border due to immigrants elegally crossing over . Now think if ten immigrants tried to storm a house with a family in it to take refuge from the law . Even if he did have a gun with seven rounds they could still over power them . God forbid any of them had a assult rifle with them in witch they could have easily purchased in Brazil . Some one who has faith in this country , James Dillon