Florida Carry Public Meeting & Open Carry Fishing Events Coming to a Pier Near You
Come join us for our Statewide Meetings to raise awareness of Handgun Carry Rights in Florida.
Saturday 10AM – 12PM
Florida – -(Ammoland.com)- On the second Saturday of each month, Florida Carry holds local meetings for our members and other second amendment advocates throughout the state.
These meetings are informal and hosted by local volunteers who work with local officials to insure that they are pleasant events for everyone. The public is invited!
Many participants Open Carry and fish during these events. Other participants carry concealed and may or may not fish at the meetings. These monthly events are a great way for local second amendment advocates to network, keep up-to-date on current legislation & litigation, and make new friends.
The newest location for these meeting is in the Miami Area at Miami-Dade’s Black Point Marina Park. We will enjoy a morning of Fishing and answer any questions about Florida Carry, the lawsuits pending or in progress, current legislation, and our other efforts to support Florida gun owners.
Florida Carry has identified and worked with over 300 cities, counties, and state agencies to remove unlawful gun control ordinances and signs. The vast majority of those jurisdictions have subsequently repealed their ordinances and pulled down their anti-gun signs. We are pleased to report that we have suspend filing lawsuits against Miami and Miami-Dade pending the planned repeal of their dangerous gun control ordinances this month. These kinds of laws have proven to only protect criminals while leaving the law abiding defenseless and we will be happy to see them gone.
Currently, Florida Carry’s “Second Amendment Saturday” events are held simultaneously in:
- Daytona Beach
( Port Orange Causeway Park )
( Lake Underhill Park )
( Sunshine Skyway North Pier ) *Board Member Present
( Jacksonville Beach Fishing Pier ) *Board Member Present
( Front Street Park )
- Ft. Lauderdale
( Everglades Holiday Park )
- Ft. Myers
( Centennial Park ) *Board Member Present
( Black Point Marina Park ) *Board Member Present
You will need your fishing license to fish and you have to be fishing (or going to and from) to Carry Openly.
Concealed Carry requires a valid Concealed Carry License and fishing is not necessary unless you are carrying unconcealed.
If you are planning on bringing a firearm, please abide by these Three Simple Rules: Hands Off Guns – No Long Guns – Be Safe
- Keep All Hands Off Sidearms & Holsters!
- Do not unholster for any reason other than to save a life.
- Make sure your sidearm is secure in its holster. – Condition Yellow –
- Do not fidget or make adjustments to your handgun or holster in public.
- If you need to make an adjustment, take it to your vehicle.
- If anyone, including the media, asks to see your handgun, just turn your body so they can see or film it in the holster.
- Do not rest your hand on your gun or holster.
- No Long Guns!
- This event is about the carry of handguns and other defensive implements that can currently be carried under
- Florida law by CWFL licensees.
- The Carry of Long Guns creates some practical issues with physical handling in public venues and is more provocative.
- Always Follow The Basic Gun Safety Rules!
- All guns are always loaded.
- Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to shoot.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it
Our strength is in our grassroots. Our continued success is dependent on your membership. Please join us today.
Florida Carry is a non-profit, non-partisan, grassroots organization dedicated to advancing the fundamental civil right of all Floridians to keep and bear arms for self defense as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article I Section 8 of the Florida Constitution. Florida Carry, Inc. was organized by a group of Florida gun rights activists in order to better coordinate activities, effectively lobby the state legislature, and to provide a legal entity capable of filing suit to demand compliance with state and federal law. Florida Carry stands only to represent our members and the over 6 million gun owners of Florida. We are not beholden to any national organization’s agenda that may compromise that mission.
Florida Carry works tirelessly toward repealing and striking down ill-conceived gun control laws that have been proven to provide safe havens to criminals and be deadly to law abiding citizens.Florida Carry