Today is Wednesday, October 22, 2014rss RSS feed
Wisconsin Carry

Wisconsin Carry

Wisconsin --(Ammoland.com)- Wisconsin Carry, Inc. firmly believes in, and advocated for constitutional carry this past legislative session.

While we were successful in putting constitutional carry front and center on the legislative and media radar, ultimately, Wisconsin’s concealed carry law that passed requires mandatory proof of training to be supplied with your application to the DOJ.

A hunters education certificate serves as proof of training as does your DD214 showing honorable discharge from the military. In addition, a concealed carry permit (current or expired) from another state will also serve as proof of training.

Wisconsin Carry believes that there are thousands of Wisconsin residents who have extensive firearms experience but because that experience was gathered through family/friends/self-teaching etc they may not have the formal proof of training certificate.

We are also concerned that for many people in this economy, paying $80 to $150 for a training class may be prohibitive and prevent some individuals from being able to obtain the proof of training certificate they need to apply for their concealed weapon license.

Lastly, Wisconsin Carry believes that there are many people that may not have experience with firearms but who have a great interest in taking personal accountability for the safety of themselves and their loved ones. Wisconsin Carry would like to give these people an avenue to enter the right-to-carry movement in Wisconsin as well. We believe that the more law-abiding citizens carrying for self-defense, the more people who will be there to stand up and push-back should future legislatures try to take the right to carry away. We also believe that every law abiding citizen we can bring into the carry movement will be another voter who will not want to pay the renewal tax every 5 years to continue to exercise a human-right to self-defense that they have enjoyed. We believe these people will stand with us to demand constitutional carry from the legislature in the future.

In consideration of these factors and objectives, Wisconsin Carry has devoted a huge amount of resources into developing a 4 hour training course that will exceed the “proof of training” requirements of Act 35. We have certified a handful of qualified instructors across the state to begin to teach this class FREE OF CHARGE to members AND non-members who would like to obtain their concealed carry permit but are encumbered because they do not have a “proof of training” certificate.

We have already begun to schedule and conduct these classes across the state. Initial classes we have scheduled on a limited basis and announced only to dues paying members to ramp up slowly and manage the demand.

I will be sending email notification around of all classes that have openings. (You must Subscribe to Our Email List to Receive Updates)

For each of these classes I ask that you contact the instructor by email to reserve a FREE space in the class. Please do not contact me with questions about possible future classes in different parts of the state. AS SOON AS we have a class together, I will send a notice around. If you contact me to ask, I won’t have any information to share because nothing would have been set (except for those which announcements have been made)

Please *DO* contact me if you have a venue that would have space available at no cost to WCI to HOST a class.

If this class below is not in your area, please STAY TUNED, we will have many many more FREE classes across the state in the upcoming months.

WCI FREE training class: Amberg, WI – Marinette, County

Amberg Community Center,
N15035 Grant
St, Amberg WI 54102

Saturday, 14 Jan 2012 at 9:00 AM.

20 openings in this class. To attend this class email WCI Certified instructor Ron Holmes:

ronald682@centurytel.net

IF YOU ATTEND THIS CLASS YOU ARE ASKED TO GO TO THE FOLLOWING LINK AND DOWNLOAD PRINT AND BRING THE DOCUMENTS TO CLASS:

This class is free and open to WCI Members AND friends and family of WCI members. Non-members who are on our email list and their family and friends are welcome to attend as well. You do *NOT* need to be a member to attend.

Carry On,

Nik Clark Chairman – Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
P.O. Box 270403
Milwaukee, WI 53227
nik@wisconsincarry.org

About:
Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is a non-profit corporation dedicated to the preservation and reclamation of the rights of law-abiding Wisconsin residents to carry in the manner of their choosing. We believe that “open carry” and “concealed carry” are choices to be made by law-abiding citizens based on their situation and preference. Wisconsin Carry, like many gun-rights organizations in Wisconsin, is investing a great deal of resources to get Wisconsin law changed to allow concealed carry this next legislative session by proposing Constitutional Carry. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. will continue to use legal recourse to deter unlawful treatment of law-abiding Wisconsin residents who currently exercise their right to open carry, and soon will exercise their right to concealed carry in Wisconsin. Visit: www.wisconsincarry.org

• 27 User comments to “Wisconsin Carry Offers FREE Concealed Carry License Training Class”

1. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Offers FREE Training Class - Old Hippie's Forums on December 20, 2011 at 10:43 AM said:

[...] state will also serve as proof of training. Wisconsin Carry believes that there are thousands.. Wisconsin Carry Offers FREE Concealed Carry License Training Class __________________ Gingrich/Palin 2012 There is a loving GOD who always watches Over [...]

2. will Wisconsin Carry Inc. be offering any free classes for concealed carry in or near the Appleton area?
      Or any classes at all in the next couple of months (April,May,June)in or near centeral Wi.

3. Tom Potter on April 20, 2012 at 11:23 AM said:

I’m very happy to hear that there is a group that wants to help Wisconsinites get concealed carry without riping us off for $100 for the class. I live in Rcok Springs and would really be interested in your class and org. Please let me know if you are goingto have a class in the area and what I need to do to join you org.

4. Trish on May 13, 2012 at 5:24 PM said:

I just took your free Concealed Carry class offered in Medford, I was wondering, where else in the area you offer the class. My husband and son would really like to attend a class.
      Thank you.
      Trish

5. Joan Baptist on June 22, 2012 at 10:52 PM said:

I have been looking for someplace to take a concealed carry class in Wausau WI. Could you please let me know if one becomes available.
      Sincerely
      Joan

6. James L. Fortin on July 28, 2012 at 11:46 AM said:

I am currently a nonmember but please EMAIL me when their is another free class in Milwaukee or Waukesha counties, thanks!

7. James L. Fortin on July 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM said:

I am currently a nonmember but please email me as soon as there is a another free class in Milwaukee or Waukesha counties, thanks!

8. Keith Johnson on September 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM said:

Please send information on future dates in the Southeastern Wi. location-Milwaukee?

9. Please inform me when another free class is scheduled in Waukesha or Milwaukee areas. Thanks

10. Please inform me if a class could be held in the lakeshore area. Manitowoc, Sheboygan.

Thanks

11. Deb Friedl on December 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM said:

please send info on current classes near fort atkinson wi :)

12. DAN LISIECKI on December 16, 2012 at 5:35 PM said:

please have a class up here in the wausaukee area. it’s hard to find anything close up here .

13. leo cigale on December 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM said:

Please advise me when you have classes in the Milwaukee area.

14. Dan Matticks on December 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM said:

Please let me know if and or when you will have classes near Waukesha.

15. Leo Cigale on December 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM said:

I am a honorable discharged veteran with a DD214, what is my next step?

16. ralph trenholm on January 19, 2013 at 10:04 PM said:

Is there going to be any classes in the elkhorn area in the near future. please let me know.

17. Marilynne Bowe on January 26, 2013 at 1:48 PM said:

Any classes in the FDL area? $$ are non-existant so looking for something cheap!

18. Charles Melcher on February 3, 2013 at 4:43 PM said:

Would like to take one of your right to carry classes. My wife, Nancy, has already taken your class when it was offered in Burlington but I could not. Please advise if your planing anything again in this area.

19. DANIEL HIGGINS on February 21, 2013 at 7:28 PM said:

IS THERE A CLASSES IN TREGO 54888

20. Kelly Hoffmann on March 5, 2013 at 5:22 AM said:

Do you have a calender of upcoming concealed carry classes? Don’t see it on website. Thank you!

21. Luis Martinez on April 23, 2013 at 5:01 PM said:

I took a free CCW class in march of 2012 but did not purchase my handgun until a few weeks ago and did not want to submit paperwork until I actually had a handgun, did this expire and will I need to re-take the class???

22. Armando Garcia on July 16, 2013 at 3:25 PM said:

It looks like I’m a little late for the party, but was wondering if these classes are still being offered. I live in Waukesha and would be very interested, thanks.

23. Joe Bodi on July 23, 2014 at 1:18 PM said:

Please notify if there are any classes near
      Racine Wi.

24. Mark O'Brien on July 30, 2014 at 8:32 PM said:

I am interested in attending a class. Please let me know when it is available in the Oconomowoc, Pewaukee, or Waukesha area.

25. gary johnson on September 25, 2014 at 9:20 PM said:

any free or pay classes near marinette,wi———————thanks gary j

26. Belinda Freeman on October 1, 2014 at 1:21 PM said:

When will you’ll be offering free conceal carry license classes for the Milwaukee area for the month of October or any other month.

27. Veronica St Clair on October 10, 2014 at 8:22 AM said:

Are there any plans for a CCW in
      wausau in the near future? Mosinee, Rothschild or any outlying areas would be great too!