Tucson, Arizona – -(Ammoland.com)- Safari Club International’s 40th Annual Hunters’ Convention this year was the biggest and best ever. It has once again solidified its place as the premier convention in all of hunting.
The international hunting community recently concluded its largest everconvention in Las Vegas, Nevada, as Safari Club International (SCI) wrapped up the 40th Annual Hunters’ Convention at Mandalay Bay. With a record 23,267attendees, the contributions of SCI members and event donors will ensure that SCI can continue fighting for hunters’ freedoms and expand conservation efforts around the world.
“Every year, SCI works to build the greatest hunting show on earth,” said SCI President Kevin Anderson. “With over 1 million square feet and 2,200 vendor booths on the convention floor, SCI collected record receipts of $16 million from members and donors attending the Convention which will help protect our freedoms to hunt!”
“SCI’s record breaking success for the 2012 SCI Hunters’ Convention is a credit to the dedication of hunters around the world and to corporate partners like Bob Allen, Boyt Harness, Browning, Cabelas, Fauna & Flora Customhouse Brokers, Global Rescue, Hornady, Midway USA, Outdoor Channel, Trijicon, Stealthcam, Swarovski Optik, Walker’s Game Ear, Yamaha, and Zeiss,” added SCI Executive Director Dr. Bill Moritz.
Safari Club International’s 41st Annual Hunters’ Convention will be held at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center in Reno, Nevada, January 23-26, 2013. Enjoy the best that Reno can offer: 2013 Video.
Highlights of the 2012 SCI Hunters’ Convention
- $16 million gross reciepts for Hunter Advocacy and Wildlife Conservation.
- Donations to Safari Club International’s Political Action Committee (SCI-PAC) raised over $150,000 for protecting hunters rights in the 2012 election cycle.
- $125,000 raised for the Pathfinders Program that benefits physically challenged hunters with the help of a very special donation from Donald Hill and the Oak Creek Whitetail Ranch.
- $150,000 raised for Education on the dedicated SCIF auction sale of the “Dream Hunt” at the Sanctuary II, Inc.
- Record-breaking auction sales top nearly $5.2 million.
- Record sales for outfitters and exhibitors during the 4 day convention.
Notable Guests of the 2012 SCI Hunters’ Convention
- Larry and Brenda Potterfield, President, Midway USA
- Richard Childress, Richard Childress Racing, NASCAR
- Shawn Michaels, Retired Pro Wrestler
- Tom Selleck, Actor
- David Keene, President, National Rifle Association
- Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice-President, National Rifle Association
- Jeff Crane, President, Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation
- Jim Shockey, Hunting Celebrity, Jim Shockey’s Hunting Adventures
- Recipient of SCI’s International Hunter of the Year Award
- Mike Rogers Jr., Hunting Celebrity, Expedition Safari Television
- Craig Boddington, Hunting Celebrity, Tracks Across Africa
Attending Political Officials
- Lt. Governor Brian K. Krolicki, Nevada
- Martin Andjaba, Namibian Ambassador to the United States
- Netumbo Nandi-Ndaitwah, Minister of Environment and Tourism, Namibia
- Recipient of SCI’s International Legislator of the Year Award
- John Barrasso, Senator, Wyoming
- Recipient of SCI’s Federal Legislator of the Year Award
- Don Young, Representative, Alaska
- Lisa Murkowski, Senator, Alaska
- Jeff Miller, Representative, Florida
- Dr. Paul Broun, Representative, Georgia
- Joe Heck, Representative, Nevada
- Denny Rehberg, Representative, Montana
- Cynthia Lummis, Representative, Wyoming
- Billy Long, Representative Missouri
- Mark Amodei, Representative, Nevada
Contact: [email protected]
About the Hunters’ Defense Fund:
Safari Club International Hunters’ Defense Fund supports the important advocacy, conservation and legal work keeping hunters afield and promoting hunting worldwide. Donations to the Hunters’ Defense Fund have a direct impact on our freedom to hunt, wildlife conservation policy and important legislative, regulatory and legal issues. DONATE NOW:www.safariclub.org/hunterdefense
Becoming an SCI Member:
Joining Safari Club International is the best way to be an advocate for continuing our hunting heritage and supporting worldwide sustainable use conservation, wildlife education and humanitarian services. JOIN NOW: www.safariclub.org/Join.
Safari Club International – First For Hunters is the leader in protecting the freedom to hunt and in promoting wildlife conservation worldwide. SCI’s approximately 200 Chapters represent all 50 of the United States as well as 106other countries. SCI’s proactive leadership in a host of cooperative wildlife conservation, outdoor education and humanitarian programs, with the SCI Foundation and other conservation groups, research institutions and government agencies, empowers sportsmen to be contributing community members and participants in sound wildlife management and conservation. Visit the home pagewww.safariclub.org or call (520) 620-1220 for more information.