BEAVERTON, Ore. –-(Ammoland.com)- Leupold & Stevens, Inc. announces organizational changes designed to improve the company’s performance in key areas of its global sales and marketing efforts, while maintaining focus on the tactical optics market.
Changes within the sales division include:
- Kevin Trepa will assume responsibility as vice president of global sales and business development for both the tactical optics and commercial markets. His team will include several key personnel:
- Cyndi Flannigan, an industry veteran with over 35 years of experience, has been promoted to the new role of director of sales for North America, with responsibility for managing the sales organization, customer relationships and business development efforts for all of the company’s hunting, shooting and golf sales channels in the U.S. and Canada.
- Chris Estadt will continue to lead Leupold Tactical Optics’ business development efforts with the U.S. military services. A dedicated team of product engineers as well as marketing and support personnel will continue to help build upon Leupold’s leadership position.
A new director of international business development role has been established to lead the company’s international business development efforts for both the commercial and tactical markets. The company is currently recruiting for this position.
Within the marketing department, the following changes are being implemented:
The new role of vice president of marketing has been created to lead global branding and product development efforts. This position is being recruited at this time and is expected to be filled in the coming months. Several of the team reporting to this position include:
- Michael Slack, senior advertising and communications manager, will continue to manage the company’s creative development, media advertising, web and brand communication initiatives, as well as consumer shows.
- Pat Mundy is promoted to the new role of senior marketing manager, responsible for supporting the Leupold & Stevens sales team in working with key national retailers, independent dealers and the distribution network through the effective use of sales promotions, in-store merchandising and packaging.
- Eric Uppiano will assume the new role of senior manager – product and category management. He will lead the team responsible for development of product category strategic plans and new product development.
“I am excited about these changes to both the marketing and sales divisions,” said Calvin Johnston, president and CEO of Leupold & Stevens, Inc. “They give us the ability to use our greatest asset—our people—to work more closely with our industry partners and customers as we move the business forward in today’s dynamic marketplace.”
Leupold & Stevens, Inc., the preeminent American-owned optics company, employs hundreds of people in its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility near Beaverton, Ore. Family owned and operated, Leupold offers products that are sold worldwide to hunters, competitive shooters, American military warfighters, law enforcement personnel and wildlife observers. The product line includes rifle, handgun and spotting scopes; binoculars; rangefinders; trail cameras; mounting systems; and optical tools and accessories.
Leupold & Stevens
P.O. Box 688
Beaverton, OR 97075-0688, U.S.A.
Phone: (800) LEUPOLD or (503) 526-1400
Fax: (503) 352-7621