Illinois --(Ammoland.com)- Fellow Gun Owners:
By now, I’m sure you’ve heard a boatload of speeches about the history and significance of Veteran’s Day.
So, I will be short and not belabor points you’ve surely heard over and over this weekend. While you’re contemplating the significance of Veteran’s Day, I would like you to keep 5 things in mind:
1. Our veterans are ordinary people who have done extraordinary things.
2. Our veterans served to protect the ENTIRE Bill of Rights – not just the amendments that petty politicians take a liking to.
3. Our veterans have served the nation valiantly – fighting the foes of freedom in the air, on the water, deep in jungles and atop burning desert sands. Anywhere freedom has been threatened; our veterans were there for US.
4. Today’s soldiers – tomorrow’s veterans – stand ready to take on any challenge offered up by those who would see this nation destroyed.
5. Our veterans ARE NOT a special class of victims to be pitied. Rather, our veterans are heroes who must be honored.
So, if you see a veteran, give him or her a hearty handshake as an expression thanks for protecting you from the ill will of others.Sincerely, Richard A. Pearson
Illinois State Rifle Association
The ISRA is the state’s leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. Since 1903, the ISRA has represented the interests of over 1.5 million law-abiding Illinois firearm owners Visit: www.isra.org