Whitefish, MT –-(Ammoland.com)- Until now operators needing a lightweight precision rifle system have been forced to compromise between weight reduction and consecutive-shot accuracy.
Reduced-contour steel barrels are typically capable of only a few consecutive shots before heat causes a significant shift in point of impact; foam-filled fiberglass stocks tend to be less rigid and more damage-prone; and previous attempts at producing carbon fiber-wrapped barrels have also had heat-related consistency issues.
That was then, this is now.
Based on a patented carbon-fiber barrel-wrapping technology and proprietary manufacturing process, Proof Research manufactures carbon fiber-wrapped barrels that significantly lighten warfighter load while offering superior performance over traditional steel barrels.
CARBON FIBER-WRAPPED BARRELS:
- Match-grade accuracy
- Up to 50% reduction in barrel weight
- Increased barrel longevity due to super-efficient thermal conduction (Proof Research’s carbon fiber-wrapped barrels transfer heat much more efficiently than steel barrels and previously introduced carbon-fiber barrels)
- No point-of-impact shift during high-volume fire
- Increased rigidity minimizes harmonic barrel vibration
- Available for armorer/gunsmith installation
Started as a custom firearms manufacturer, Proof Research continues to produce world-class tactical, hunting, and target rifles. By combining craftsmanship with high-tech components, such as our carbon fiber-wrapped barrels and carbon fiber/ Kevlar composite stocks, we are able to produce lightweight, high-performance rifle systems tuned to the shooter’s body, mission, and operational environment.
Visit: PROOF Research at www.proofresearch.com
PROOF RESEARCH. GO FARTHER. HIT HARDER.