4 good bills and 12 bad bills submitted in the General Assembly so far for 2013… more to come.
Covington VA --(Ammoland.com)- I am analyzing the gun bills that are being introduced.
Bad ones so far include:
* Forcing gun show promoters to provide background checks on private sales (making gun shows impractical to have)
* Tightening emergency protective order disarmament,
* Penalty for failure to report a stolen gun quickly enough
* Civil liability for person whose gun is stolen and used in a crime
* Libraries to be allowed to ban guns
* Misdemeanor domestic violence conviction to disable a person from owning firearms
* Making it harder to find a course to satisfy the training requirement for a CHP
* Removes exception which allows unloaded guns stored in containers (or rifles/shotguns in a rack) in a motor vehicle on K-12 school property
* Allows open carry without a CHP in General Assembly builidings
* Allows teachers and specified other people to carry concealed in K-12 schools
* Allows employees of locksmiths or electronic security personnel to be able to carry on the job if they have a CHP
* Allows armed security guards at schools
Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right. Visit: www.vcdl.org