Colorado –-(Ammoland.com)- The 2013 legislative session began just this week in Denver, Co and the gun grabbers are already hard at work stripping us of our gun rights.
I’m sure you’ve been seeing what we are seeing.
The national media is screaming for gun control literally every hour.
President Obama and his Cabinet are promising gun control action in weeks.
This week, Vice President Biden said that President Obama may pursue gun control via executive order.
Unfortunately, things are little different here in Colorado…except that our legislative process is much faster than Congress.
On the first day of the legislative session in Denver, Governor Hickenlooper spoke with Vice President Biden to plot a hasty demise to our gun rights.
In his State of the State address, the Governor called for universal Brady registration checks for ALL firearms sales (including private sales), tougher laws regulating the sales and use of firearms, and mental health checks.
They don’t believe that you and I have a need, much less a right, for any semi-auto weapon whether that be a self-defense pistol, a modern utility rifle, or basic hunting shotguns.
This plan is so extreme that now even national media are covering it.
Already capitol insiders are reporting that we are going to see:
- A bill to redefine ANY firearm as a deadly weapon. This legislation would make it a felony to even hold a firearm in the State of Colorado — much less use it to protect your family. (This was introduced on the first day).
- Sweeping new legislation on mental health issues, allowing one government “mental health professional” to decide whether or not you are legally able to own a firearm.
- A hard push to ban all so-called “assault weapons.” Now with the media, special interest groups, and traditional gun grabbers screaming for action, this bill may advance quickly.
- Calls for permanent bans on the capacity of magazines.
I could go on.
We will know more soon, as the session continues, but clearly, you and I need to prepare for a major fight.
First, you are going to want to follow the active legislation this year by keeping a regular eye on our Billwatch page.
Rocky Mountain Gun Owners is very good at mobilizing grassroots gun owners all across the state during times of crisis in specific districts.
But right now, we are looking at having to get to work in literally dozens of districts at the same time!
This means targeted direct mail, email, media interviews in specific markets, and house to house literature drops in key legislative districts to make sure that gun owners know to contact specific legislators to demand that they not cave into the gun grabbers’ demands.
This will be a massive undertaking and we are going to need your help to prepare for this fight as we’ve not faced a situation this bad in Colorado since Columbine.
For us to fight — and win — I’ve created a three-part strategy:
- A Solid Battle Plan: Having a desire and passion to changes things is vital, but experience managing political battles is even more important — especially when we’re talking about losing a civil fight. RMGO has that plan.
- Numbers: The only thing that scares politicians into changing how they vote is a large group of people, operating in unity, who will hold them accountable.So, we need you to recruit your friends and family.
- Resources: Without the resources to mobilize and enact battle plans, all of the plans are just an exercise. Put simply, it takes money to contact people.
Here’s what I need you to do right now:
- Join RMGO
- If you’re already a member, ask any gun-owning and/or freedom-loving friends and family members to join RMGO.
- Sign people up on our FREE e-mail subscription list. Our AR-15 Gun Giveaway is a great way to do that.
- Get ready to act. Next week we’re going to give effective marching orders to defeat bad legislation. And we’ll be calling for volunteers to put boots on the ground to enact our battle plan.
Since the Colorado legislature just convened and is constitutionally limited to 120 days, things happen VERY fast.
Conservative pro-gun legislators are in the minority in both the House and Senate right now.
This will be a tough fight.
I promise that Rocky Mountain Gun Owners will NEVER back down. We will NEVER compromise with anti-gun legislators. We will never back away from a fight.
Please do what you can today, to help us in this fight.For Freedom, Dudley Brown Executive Director
Based in Colorado, Rocky Mountain Gun Owners is Colorado’s largest state-based gun lobby. It is a group solely dedicated to the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Our strategy is simple: don’t give an inch. Visit: www.rmgo.org