Illinois –-(Ammoland.com)- As most of you are aware, the ISRA has been fighting against 2 bills introduced into the Illinois Senate this week:
- HB815 – A bill to clamp down on gun ranges and ban magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds.
- HB1263 – A bill to clamp down on gun ranges and ban all semiautomatic rifles, pistols and shotguns as well as numerous other popular firearms.
Unfortunately, these two bills made it out of the Senate Public Health Committee – a committee stacked with gun grabbing senators. However, thanks to all the pressure Illinois gun owners put on the Senate, the sponsors of the gun grab bills have delayed bringing these bills before the full Senate.
THE MEDIA IS CLAIMING THAT THESE BILLS ARE DEAD – THIS IS NOT TRUE!
Do not believe what you see in the papers or hear on TV, these bills are not dead. They remain alive and may be called for a vote at any time before the Senate adjourns next week!
YOU NEED TO KEEP THE PRESSURE ON UNTIL THE SENATE ADJOURNS!
To keep the pressure on, please call the following Senators and politely tell the person that answers the phone that you are a law abiding firearm owner and you do not appreciate being treated like a criminal. Call these Senators at lest once a day through next Wednesday.
1. Sen. Dan Kotowski (847) 656-5414
2. Sen. Antonio Munoz (773) 869-9050
3. Sen. Jacqueline Collins (773) 224-2830
4. Sen. William Delgado (773) 292-0202
5. Sen. Mattie Hunter (312) 949-1908
6. Sen. Susan Garrett (847) 433-2002
7. Sen. Michael Noland (847) 214-8864
8. Sen. Jeffrey Schoenberg (847) 492-1200
9. Sen. Heather Steans (773) 769-1717
10. Sen. John Cullerton (773) 883-0770
11. Sen. Don Harmon (708) 848-2002
12. Sen. Toi Hutchinson (708) 756-0882
REMEMBER – THESE BAD BILLS ARE STILL ALIVE AND MAY BE CALLED FOR A VOTE AT ANY TIME! KEEP THE PRESSURE UP – MAKE THE CALLS EVERY DAY!
Please do the following:
- Pass this alert on to all your gun owning friends and family.
- Please post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin board or blogs to which you belong.
- Renew or upgrade your ISRA membership – get a friend to join!
- Make a generous donation to the ISRA today, so we can keep fighting these draconian gun control bills.
The ISRA is the state’s leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. Since 1903, the ISRA has represented the interests of over 1.5 million law-abiding Illinois firearm owners Visit: www.isra.org