Today is Thursday, October 23, 2014rss RSS feed
Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show Says No to Black Rifles

Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show Says No to Black Rifles

Mossberg

Mossberg

North Haven, CT --(Ammoland.com)- O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc, America’s oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer, today announced that the company will not attend or support the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.

The company reached this decision after Reed Exhibitions banned Modern Sporting Rifles and has refused to reconsider their stance.

Mossberg’s position on the Second Amendment is unwavering and steadfast; therefore, the company will not support any organization or event that prohibits the display or sale of legal firearms.

We stand united with our loyal customers and supporters in this constitutional right and had only hoped for a different outcome.

About O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.
Founded in 1919, O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc. is the oldest family-owned firearms manufacturer in America, and is the largest pump-action shotgun manufacturer in the world. Leading the way with over 100 design and utility patents to its credit, and standing as the first ISO 9001 Certified long-gun manufacturer, Mossberg is considered to be one of the most innovative firearms manufacturers in U.S. History. For more information on commercial, special purpose, law enforcement and military shotguns, rifles and accessories, please visit their website at www.mossberg.com.

• 16 User comments to “Mossberg Withdraws from Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show”

1. I bought a Maverick 88 12-gauge last year and just sent Mossberg a thank you for their position on the Eastern Outdoors Show. Thanks for this news.

2. Pennsylvania is nothing but an extension of New York and the People’s Republic of New Jersey. I hope this show falls flat on its @r$e!!!

3. Tommy R Burleson on January 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM said:

I own several mossberg shotguns and I support your position on the Eastern Outdoors Show. Thank you.

4. robertsgt40 on January 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM said:

Way to go Mossberg! BTW, that you very much for the Maverick I just purchased. Those that cave on the 2nd Amendment won’t be seing any more of my biz. Certainly Walmart!

5. Eric Dellinger on January 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM said:

I am intrigued with the new MVP Series Rifles and hope to own one soon. Thank you Mossberg for standing up and saying no to the show…I hope the area gun enthusiast public boycott the show.

6. If you need an AR 15 to hunt you need to find a new sport. If you need 30 rounds to protect your family you need to learn to shoot. Wake up, these weapons are made to kill a lot of people fast.

7. @Justice, your comment shows just how uninformed you are, the AR15 is the most popular hunting rifle on the planet, and why would I want to restrict how many rounds I have when protecting my life and my families, do you hear how stupid that sounds?

8. justice,
      i have a feeling you are not a hunter,have never been threatened with real violence,and are most probably a lesbian ,wishing she was a man???
      odds are, i won the bet right??

9. Molon Labe on January 24, 2013 at 11:41 AM said:

@simeon I just felt off my chair laughing but you are right!!!!

10. tim meenan on January 24, 2013 at 12:35 PM said:

i think you are right simeon ! and thanks again mossberg you have done the right think !

11. Mitchell on January 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM said:

Thanks mossberg for standing up for our rights and boycotting the gun show, I will be buying more of your guns in the future.

12. that clown “justice” has not got his head in the sand,but in the nether regions of his posterior-he must be an insipid democratic liberal

13. Seanoamericano on January 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM said:

Just picked up a 500abefore all the shenanigans started and I am very happy with it. Great job for boycotting this event. Too bad the promoters are panty wastes and caved to the libturd left. They dont deserve our money

14. Mossberg has been around for Many years for a good reason, and this is another reason why. I also have a few Mossbergs, including some older ones that are Great.
      Good job Mossberg, for standing up for our rights, this is the industry supporting those that support the industry.
      I just wonder why the Firearms & Ammo industry has not moved out of the North East, and into the South. We would welcome the industry here in Louisiana.

15. Olzapper on January 27, 2013 at 7:38 PM said:

To Justice: It is not a question of whether or not you need an AR15 to go hunting. It is a rifle and unless there is some restriction against this particular rifle; it is legal to hunt with. The .223 is basically a varmint hunting cartridge. You can shoot coyote, rabbits, ground hogs, turkeys, or other small game. It is not legal to use this caliber weapon in my state. The reason it is not used is even though it can kill a deer, it could only wound a deer and become diseased. There is no reason you can’t take an AR15 hunting. If varmint hunting you are only restricted to 5 rounds of ammo, there is no reason you can’t put just 5 rounds in the magazine. No one tells you that a magazine has to be full to work. The .223 is not a good all-round hunting cartridge. It doesn’t have enough power to down big game. You are just another liberal that knows nothing about firearms and can only parrot the talking points of the liars in the Democrap party.