“White House weighs broad gun-control agenda …”
North Carolina –-(Ammoland.com)-So read a recent headline to a “Washington Post” article which dispels any remaining doubt that current administrative proposals are limited to semi-automatic firearms.
Noting that Obama is trying to recruit large gun retailers such as Wal Mart, the piece goes on to say:
“The White House is weighing a far broader and more comprehensive approach to curbing the nation’s gun violence than simply reinstating an expired ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition, according to multiple people involved in the administration’s discussions.
“A working group led by Vice President Biden is seriously considering measures backed by key law enforcement leaders that would require universal background checks for firearm buyers, track the movement and sale of weapons through a national database, strengthen mental health checks, and stiffen penalties for carrying guns near schools or giving them to minors, the sources said.”
UNIVERSAL GUN REGISTRATION & LICENSING
Hunters, concealed handgun permit-holders, and others who think this is just about so-called “assault weapons” can now wake up and smell the coffee: Obama is proposing nothing less than universal gun registration. And as we have seen in Britain, Australia and even the City of New York, registration is the necessary prelude to confiscation.
You need to tell friends and neighbors that this is no longer about ugly-looking black guns, but rather about the intent of federal police agencies to track and monitor the 40+% of the American public who have the audacity to own guns.
It isn’t about “assault weapons,” it isn’t even about gun control: This is now about preserving the very freedoms guaranteed you by the US Constitution and Bill of Rights.
As reward for your efforts to preserve freedom, incidentally, USA TODAY ( http://tiny.cc/ixhnqw ) just branded you a “special interest” which is on the “ideological fringe.” Will you let them define freedom as “extremism?”
SECOND AMENDMENT FREEDOM RALLY
It is time to demonstrate to legislators that you are serious about defending your rights. GRNC will give you the opportunity to just that: On Wednesday, January 23 at 12:00 PM, we are holding the Second Amendment Freedom Rally at the General Assembly in Raleigh. Yes, it is during the week, when you work. But it is the only time when we can be sure legislators will see you and get your message, namely that “COMPROMISE” ON GUN RIGHTS IS NOT AN OPTION.
Speakers and agenda will be announced in coming days, but first we need to know whether you are coming and how many you will bring, so respond by sending a message to: FreedomRally@GRNC.org
This address is not for information. Use the subject line: “__ people will attend”, indicating the number of people, including yourself, that you are bringing. Do not put anything into the body of the message.
- Where: Halifax Mall between the Legislative Building and Legislative Office Building in Raleigh. The General Assembly is at: 16 West Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
- When: Wednesday, January 23 at 12:00 PM
- Why: Because your rights depend on it
‘NATIONAL COALITION TO STOP THE GUN BAN’ GROWS
The coalition organized by GRNC and others continues to grow, and now includes 34 participating gun rights organizations, including 6 national organizations and 34 state groups. Most recently, Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership signed on. For a full list, go to: www.GRNC.org
IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!
- IMMEDIATELY CONTACT YOUR US HOUSE REP AND BOTH SENATORS: Send them an email AND call their offices. Regardless of whether you have contacted them before, do it again. Due to the congressional email system, it is only possible to email your own US House rep, but it is suggested that you CALL all of them. That’s right: “FIFTEEN PHONE CALLS FOR FREEDOM.”
- SIGN THE “STOP THE GUN BAN” PETITION: Go to: www.StopTheGunBan.com Whether or not you have already signed it, forward this to others and tell them to sign it too.
- ATTEND THE FREEDOM RALLY: Immediately send a message to FreedomRally@GRNC.org using the subject “__ people will attend” and indicating how many, including yourself, you will bring.
- SUPPORT GRNC: Thanks to your generosity, GRNC continues to gain strength, but we will need more to fight the looming ban. If you have already contributed, please tell others to go to: http://grnc.org/index.php/join-grnc/contribute
DELIVER THIS MESSAGE
Dear [Congressman or Senator]:
According to reports from inside the Obama administration as reported by “The Washington Post,” the administration plans nothing less than a full assault on American freedom, beginning with universal registration of guns and gun owners.
Beyond even the draconian ban on semi-automatic firearms being proposed by Senator Dianne Feinstein – which would entail dramatic expansion of police powers by the chronically abusive BATFE – what the administration proposes will result in the government tracking activities of millions of law-abiding citizens.
Absolutely nothing about any of these proposals is acceptable, meaning no “compromise” is possible. The proposals must die. Period. If they pass in any form, the result will be willful non-compliance by millions of otherwise law-abiding Americans who will then become “criminals.” What happens then remains to be seen, but will almost certainly result in violence.
Only you can stop the destruction of American freedom. I will be closely monitoring your actions via Grass Roots North Carolina legislative alerts.
For North Carolina residents, Email BOTH Senators:
- Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC) 202-224-3154 http://burr.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.ContactForm
- Sen. Kay Hagan (D-NC) 202-224-6342 http://www.hagan.senate.gov/contact/
Email your Congressman:
(To identify your Congressman, go to: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/)
- Rep. G. K. Butterfield, Jr. (D-01) 202-225-3101 https://butterfield.house.gov/email-congressman-butterfield
- Rep. Renee L. Ellmers (R-02) 202-225-4531 https://ellmersforms.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=58§iontree=358
- Rep. Walter B. Jones, Jr. (R-03) 202-225-3415 https://jones.house.gov/contact-me/email-me
- Rep. David Price (D-04) 202-225-1784 https://forms.house.gov/price/webforms/contact_form.shtml
- Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-05) 202-225-2071 https://virginiafoxx.house.gov/forms/writeyourrep/
- Rep. Howard Coble (R-06) 202-225-3065 http://coble.house.gov/contact/zipcheck.htm
- Rep. Mike McIntyre (D-07) 202-225-2731 http://mcintyreforms.house.gov/contact/
- Rep. Richard Hudson (R-8) 202-225-3715 https://hudson.house.gov/contact/email-me
- Rep. Robert Pittenger (R-9) 202-225-1976 http://pittenger.house.gov/contact
- Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-10) 202-225-2576 http://mchenry.house.gov/contact/zipauth.htm
- Rep. Mark Meadows (R-11) 202-225-6401 https://meadows.house.gov/contact/email-me
- Rep. Mel Watt (D-12) 202-225-1510 https://forms.house.gov/watt/webforms/zipauthen_contact.shtml
- Rep. George Holding (R-13) 202- 225-3032 https://holding.house.gov/contact/email-me
Grass Roots North Carolina/Forum for Firearms Education is a non-profit, all volunteer organization devoted to educating the public about trends which abridge the freedoms guaranteed by the Bill of Rights, and engaging in grass roots activism to preserve those freedoms. Formed in 1994 to conduct a highly successful rally for the Second Amendment, GRNC has gone on to conduct projects like “Remember in November: A Gun Owner’s Guide to Voting,” bringing concealed carry to North Carolina. Visit:www.grnc.org