NEWTOWN, Conn –-(Ammoland.com)- The SHOT Show Birdies for the Brave golf outing at TPC Summerlin raised more than $100,000 for military homefront groups, surpassing last year’s total by 30 percent.
Birdies for the Brave is a national military outreach initiative proudly supported by the PGA TOUR. It was founded by PGA TOUR pro Phil Mickelson and his wife, Amy.
Organizations benefitting from the money raised are listed here with their Tour player partners:
- Green Beret Foundation, Bubba Watson
- Homes For Our Troops, Phil Mickelson
- United Through Reading, Rory Sabbatini
- Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Phil Mickelson
- Military Warriors Support Foundation, Tedy Purdy and David Toms
- Navy SEAL Foundation, Frank Lickliter II, Vijay Singh and Jerry Kelly
- Wounded Warrior Project , Nick Watney, Jason Gore and Boo Weekley
- Operation Homefront , Corey Pavin
“NSSF is a proud supporter of this event and thanks all the event sponsors and everyone who came out to the course to show their support for these organizations,” said Chris Dolnack, NSSF senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
“We also thank TPC Summerlin General Manager Lee Smith, Nicole Tassone and staff for an amazing job in making this event a resounding success.”
The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 6,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers. For more information, log on to www.nssf.org.