Arkansas: Contact Members of the House Judiciary Committee Today in Support of House Bill 1408.
This common sense pro-gun reform would simply add open carry to the methods in which a current Concealed Handgun Carry License (CHCL) holder may carry his personal protection handgun.
While most license holders would likely continue to carry their handguns concealed, HB 1408 would eliminate any potential problems a license holder may encounter should a concealed firearm accidentally become exposed.
It would also allow for licensees to remove a jacket during hot weather without running afoul of the current concealed carry statute, should that action cause a handgun to become exposed.
Please contact members of the House Judiciary Committee TODAY and urge them to support HB 1408.
- Representative Marshall Wright (Chair)
- Representative John T. Vines (Vice Chair)
- Representative Darrin Williams
- Representative Jim Nickels
- Representative Mary L. Slinkard
- Representative Nate Steel
- Representative Matthew J. Shepherd
- Representative Jeremy Gillam
- Representative John W. Walker
- Representative Sue Scott
- Representative Mark D. McElroy
- Representative David Kizzia
- Representative Stephen Magie
- Representative Charlene Fite
- Representative Bob Ballinger
- Representative John Baine
- Representative Wes Wagner
- Representative Micah S. Neal
- Representative Mary Broadaway
- Representative Monte Hodges
Established in 1975, the Institute for Legislative Action (ILA) is the “lobbying” arm of the National Rifle Association of America. ILA is responsible for preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals in the legislative, political, and legal arenas, to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Visit: www.nra.org