Illinois --(Ammoland.com)- In a week of unprecedented zany political maneuvers rarely seen even in Illinois, the Right to Carry debate raged on the floor of the IL House for nearly 9 hours this past Tuesday.
Contact your State Senator and State Rep.
The message going forward is simple:
- No bad Carry bill
- No more gun bans or gun control
- No to the City of Chicago’s legislative agenda until they respect the Second Amendment.
And thank you to those who supported Amendment 27 in the House – the Phelps carry “bill”
Witness Slips Needed for Firearm Related Bills
While the debate rages on in the IL House about what form Right to Carry is going to take in the state of Illinois and whether or not the mayor of Chicago can gin up enough support for a ban on our defensive, sporting, and hunting firearms there are some other issues that need our immediate attention. Please take the time to file witness slips for the following bills which will be heard in House committees on Mar. 5, 6, and 7th.
Click here for instructions on how to file a witness slip.
To simplify the witness slip process:
- Go to http://my.ilga.gov/ and register/create an account.
- Confirm Email
- Go to My ILGA and edit your profile – put NA for organization, title, and who you represent.
- You can now create witness slips quickly and easily!
- HB1513 Denies home rule regarding ordinances more restrictive than state statute -witness slip - Proponent
- HB1526 Exemption for FOID holders who have applied for, but not received, a FOID renewal – witness slip – Proponent
- HB2368 Brings transport on an ATV into compliance with criminal instead of wildlife code – witness slip – Proponent
- HB1296 Requires Illinois pension funds to divest of gun holdings – witness slip – Opponent
- HB2248 Requires Illinois pension funds to divest of gun holdings – witness slip – Opponent
The IllinoisCarry forum was started in April 2004. The idea was that Illinois needed a central location to communicate ideas and information regarding 2nd Amendment issues in Illinois. There are many organizations in Illinois working to protect our 2nd Amendment Rights. Working with these groups IllinoisCarry has become the central location for information and Action Alerts. IllinoisCarry will not endorse political candidates. We simply provide information so voters can make informed decisions. Our goal is to join the other 48 states that allow their citizens to carry concealed firearms. We encourage you to register on our forum and join the fight for your 2nd Amendment Rights in Illinois. Visit www.IllinoisCarry.com