Colorado -–(Ammoland.com)- Yesterday, on the vote to proceed to debate on President Obama’s anti-gun agenda, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid succeeded in overcoming Senator Rand Paul’s filibuster.
And 13 NRA “A Rated” Republicans and 9 “A Rated” Democrats voted to help him do it (Plus 2 more NRA “B Rated” politicians).
I’m going to give you a list of these wolves in sheep’s clothing shortly, but our job now is crystal clear — let these turncoats know that any gun control that passes now is their fault.
But first it’s absolutely critical you know where this fight is now headed . . .
Unfortunately, the timing of the coming fights is extremely difficult to predict at this point.
So you and I must be on guard every second.
EVERY United States Senator needs to feel even more heat from Second Amendment supporters.
You see, even among the 31 Senators who stood with Rand Paul for the filibuster, there are some who are scared of Harry Reid and the media that they may cave in on some kind of insider deal.
Right now, the United States Senate could take up for discussion three amendments to S.649 as early as this evening, including:
- *** The Feinstein Gun Ban, targeting rifles, shotguns and even handguns;
- *** Magazine Bans, outlawing the importation, manufacture and sale of magazines holding more than just a handful of rounds;
- *** The so-called “Toomey-Manchin” Universal “Background Check” (NATIONAL GUN REGISTRATION) Bill, which was actually written by Chuck Schumer (D-NY).
- The S.649 language itself — even apart from all of these amendments — includes ATF Witch Hunt provisions designed to terrorize gun owners.
With Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid now calling the shots after invoking cloture on Senator Paul’s heroic filibuster of the motion to proceed, he holds all of the cards as far as timing.
If a vote becomes imminent, rest assured I will alert you IMMEDIATELY.
But there’s one thing I can assure you.
If you and I are going to hold off this madness, we’re going to have to fight back like never before.
It won’t be easy. I believe we can.
But the truth is, all of these assaults could have been turned back this morning.
In fact, if any bad legislation ultimately is passed into law, the blame can be laid at the feet at the following Republican turncoats who voted to end Senator Paul’s filibuster, including:
- Lamar Alexander (Tenn.) – NRA A rated
- Kelly Ayotte (N.H.) – NRA A rated
- Richard Burr (N.C.) – NRA A rated
- Saxby Chambliss (Ga.) – NRA A rated
- Tom Coburn (Okla.) – NRA A rated
- Susan Collins (Maine) – NRA C+ rated
- Bob Corker (Tenn.) – NRA A rated
- Jeff Flake (Ariz.) – NRA A rated
- Lindsey Graham (S.C.) – NRA A rated
- Dean Heller (Nev.) – NRA A rated
- John Hoeven (N.D.) – NRA A rated
- Johnny Isakson (Ga.) – NRA A rated
- Mark Kirk (Ill.) – NRA F rated
- John McCain (Ariz.) – NRA B+ rated
- Pat Toomey (Pa.) – NRA A rated
- Roger Wicker (Miss.) – NRA A+ rated
13 of these Senators have NRA “A-ratings.”
This is how the game is played in Washington, D.C.
And if you and I are going to retain any semblance of freedom in this country, the LIES politicians and any group that covers for them tell are going to have to be exposed for what they are.
That’s exactly what the National Association for Gun Rights has done during this fight — and exactly what we will continue to do.
The good news is, this fight is far from over.
If filibustered, each amendment will have to receive 60 votes to pass.
Then the legislation will have to overcome the 60-vote threshold to proceed to final passage through the Senate.
Perhaps the greatest danger is an insider-cooked “grand deal” that will include some token pro-gun “sweetener” — a minor protection or fake step forward on gun rights to make it easier for supposedly “pro-gun” Democrats and weak-kneed Republicans to sell to their constituents — wrapped around BIG gun control changes.
An example would be a mental health protection for veterans.
Another (bad) idea is a national concealed-carry reciprocity law, handing our federal government control over state concealed-carry laws.
President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder want more say over who can’t buy guns.
And they want more names of those who do, so they can set the stage for what every gun owner fears . . .
They’re doing everything they can to lay the groundwork for that tragic day right now.
I will keep you updated on any new developments as soon as they take place.For Freedom, Dudley Brown
Executive Vice President
The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens’ organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights’ mailing address is P.O 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address is www.NationalGunRights.org