More fun than you can stand.
Dayton, OH - MKS Supply–Chiappa’s 1887 lever action shotgun is a faithful copy of the 1887 Winchester. The original Browning designed Winchester 1887 was the first repeating shotgun.
This fast functioning lever action shotgun holds 5-rounds in the tubular magazine and fully loaded it holds one round in the receiver and one in the chamber for a total of 7-rounds making it at that time the first high-capacity shotgun. The Chiappa 1887 is chambered for modern high-pressure 23/4 -inch rounds.
Chiappa’s 1887 is fitted with select walnut wood stock, either a case colored receiver and a polished blue barrel and magazine or fully (receiver, barrel and magazine) bushed nickel finish. Internal components are individually machined (no castings) by Chiappa and hand-assembled in their state of the art factory in Italy.
The Chiappa 1887s have 22- and 28-inch barrels and come with three different chokes. Additionally the Chiappa made shotgun has an internal safety that prevents accidental firing until the breech block is completely closed; the original 1887s did not have this feature.
The 20-inch field gun will work well for SASS competition, hunting and self-defense; it is a compact quick to use lever action repeating 12gauge and the 28-inch version makes for an excellent and unique looking field gun. To convert for reduced capacity hunting regulations the owner can remove the magazine cap and insert a round limiting device (not supplied).
- Chambering: 23/4-inch 12 gauge
- Magazine Capacity: 5-rounds in tubular magazine
- Action: Lever
- Overall length: 22-inch barrel 39″, 28-inch 45″
- Barrel length: 22 and 28-inch
- Weight: 22-inch barrel 9-pounds; 28-inch 9 pounds 4 ounces (approx.)
- Stock: Walnut
- Finish: Case colored receiver and polished blue bb.l and magazine or brushed nickel
- Chokes (included): Full, modified, and improved
- MSRP 22-inch barrel: Polished blue$1,333, brushed nickel $1,490
- MSRP 28-inch barrel: Polished blue $1,357, brushed nickel $1,533
For consumer information:
MKS Supply, Inc.