Today is Friday, August 22, 2014rss RSS feed
Giant Wolf Chases Motorcycle

Giant Wolf Chases Motorcycle

AmmoLand Gun News

AmmoLand Gun News

Manasquan, NJ --(Ammoland.com)- Last Saturday, Tim Bartlett, a motorcyclist from Alberta, Canada, was chased for over a mile by a wolf while he roared down British Columbia’s highway 93.

The wolf, which Bartlett said was “the biggest dog” he’d ever seen, kept pace with the machine, at times reaching 40 mph, and came within feet of the man.

In an interview with the National Post, Bartlett said:

“When [the wolf] heard me coming, it jumped back over a [roadside] barrier and it started running. I sped up a little bit, it got in nice and close and I was driving with my right hand and clicking pictures with my left. When I first came back around, it came in really close; probably a bit too close. It would have been a real bad time to run out of gas.”

Perhaps the wolf was furious over the sound of traffic blaring through his forest or was just looking for a little sport.

“I don’t think it was after me, it was probably after the bike. That’s just the way I felt; I could have been wrong, I’m no wolf expert,” Bartlett said, adding, “Even over the motor, I could hear it. I could hear its feet on the road.”

While wolf attacks on humans are very rare, wolf attacks on motorcycles are unheard of. Perhaps this apex predator was just making sure that bipeds and their machines don’t get too comfortable in wolf country.

• 10 User comments to “Giant Wolf Chases Motorcycle”

1. Not a bad looking WOLF as wolves go, call it nutty but it almost looks like the critter was just having a little fun chasing the bike, you can almost see a smile on the wolves face.

2. hipshotpercusion on June 27, 2013 at 7:09 AM said:

Couple three of those would make a nice warm winter coat.

3. Hopalong on June 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM said:

I thought, WOLVES WERE ONLY AT MY FRONT DOOR, NOT CHASING ME DOWN THE ROAD.

4. Hopalong on June 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM said:

Then again, they have chased me down the road, many times.

5. "gunner" on June 27, 2013 at 11:36 AM said:

seeing additional pics of this episode on another site, a couple of days ago, it looks like the wolf was playing with the biker, not seriously chasing him.

6. EthanP on June 27, 2013 at 1:07 PM said:

And a dog chasing a motorcycle is news? My shepard even had that same silly grin when he chased them.

7. [...] more: http://www.ammoland.com/2013/06/giant-wolf-chases-motorcycle/#ixzz2XS1VnrWv Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on [...]

8. Deanne McKinney on June 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM said:

My dog once bit the rider of a motorcyle when he went past our house. I think it was something to chase and the noise.

9. Maybe the wolves will start keeping bicyclists and hitchhikers off the roads. LOL

10. eugene caleris on June 28, 2013 at 11:09 AM said:

it almost looked like the wolf has a collar on.