Minnesota’s own outdoors retailer offering many giveaways, including 2013 edition State Fair hat.
ST. PAUL, MN –-(Ammoland.com)- Some of the best free fun available at the Minnesota State Fair in 2013 comes not on a stick, but at the end of a fishing pole. Minnesota’s own Gander Mountain is once again bringing its live fishing pond to the Great Minnesota Get-Together, offering kids an opportunity to catch and release bass, catfish and other species, for free.
“For generations, Gander Mountain has been a trusted name that Minnesotans take along with them on a trip to the North Woods,” said Steve Uline, Gander Mountain’s executive vice president of marketing. “We’re happy to anchor the North Woods section of the fairgrounds again this year, and to partner with KIDFISH, giving young anglers the thrill of landing a fish at our pond.”
Each young angler visiting the fishing pond will get a free bobber to take home and use on their next trip to the water. The pond made its Minnesota State Fair debut in 2012, giving an estimated 12,000 kids a chance to fish for free.
The hot giveaway at the Gander Mountain exhibit will be the popular “walleye hat” which has been the hit of the fair and the Minnesota Governor’s Fishing Opener for the past few years. In addition to its walleye, deer antlers and mosquito hats, Gander Mountain is offering an exclusive 2013 edition State Fair hat, which is top secret and will be unveiled when the gates first open on Thursday morning, August 22.
Other fun features offered by Gander Mountain at the 2013 Minnesota State Fair include:
- Gander Mountain will be giving away free samples of Columbia sportswear’s innovative new Omni-Freeze® ZERO apparel on the fair’s opening weekend.
- Elite Bassmaster Angler Dean Rojas’ boat – a fully loaded 2013 Skeeter FX 20 with 250hp Yamaha V Max SHO® Motor, valued at $70,000 – will be on display at times during the fair. Fans can enter to win the boat, which is the grand prize in Gander Mountain’s Fish Like A Pro Sweepstakes.
- Gander Mountain’s popular relaxation station, where fairgoers can “take a load off” and try out the latest in reclining outdoor furniture will return, and will offer a charging station and social media check-in center, where visitors are encouraged to “Tweet up with your feet up.”
- Visitors can learn more about Gander Mountain’s Responsibility Pledge, which promotes responsible firearms ownership through its ”With Rights Comes Responsibility; Secure Your Firearms” campaign, encouraging all firearms owners to take a responsibility pledge at GanderMountain.com and use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge in social media. An on-site display will show visitors the latest in gun safes and other firearms security equipment.
- On weekends, fair-goers can learn all about Gander Mountain Academy, which offers the public the “Ultimate in Firearms Training”. Gander Mountain Academy is the nation’s first civilian training facility to offer highly skilled instructors, a variety of comprehensive courses, modern multi-media classrooms, a live-fire range, and exclusive virtual simulation technology previously available only to military and law enforcement agencies. Staff from the state’s first Gander Mountain Academy, located in Lakeville, will be on hand to offer training advice and answer questions.
Gander Mountain’s exhibit is located on the corner of Randall Ave. and Cooper Street, next to the Progress Center Eco Building. The 2013 Minnesota State Fair is open August 22nd through Labor Day. The free fishing pond will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and again from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. every day.
About Gander Mountain Company
Gander Mountain Company headquartered in St. Paul, MN, is the nation’s largest retail network of outdoor specialty stores for hunting, fishing, camping, marine and outdoor lifestyle products and services. Since 1960, Gander Mountain has offered the best selection of outdoor equipment, technical apparel, active casual wear, and footwear featuring national, regional and specialty brands at competitive prices. Focused on a “We Live Outdoors®” culture, Gander Mountain dedicates itself to creating outdoor memories. There are currently 123 conveniently located Gander Mountain outdoor lifestyle stores in 24 states. For the nearest store location call 800-282-5993 or visit www.GanderMountain.com Gander Mountain is also the parent company of Overton’s (www.overtons.com), a leading catalog and Internet based retailer of products for boating and other water sports enthusiasts.