Three-day events in Lewisville & Mesquite include guest appearances, giveaways & much more.
ST. PAUL, MN –-(Ammoland.com)- In the midst of the natural excitement that comes from fall outdoor recreation, hunting and fishing seasons, the Texas outdoors community will find fun, freebies and celebrities at the grand opening celebrations for new Gander Mountain stores in Lewisville and Mesquite.
Special events and appearances are happening all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday, October 4-6, to celebrate the nation’s largest retail network of outdoors specialty stores opening its latest Texas locations.
“We’re excited to officially open our doors to the countless outdoors enthusiasts in Lewisville and Mesquite, and bring Gander Mountain’s thousands of products and great customer service to more locations in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex,” said Steve Uline, Executive Vice President of marketing for Gander Mountain. “We’ve put together a fun grand opening weekend that will fit nicely with our new neighbors’ passion for the outdoors and active living.”
The 45,000-square-foot Gander Mountain store in Lewisville is located at 723 Hebron Parkway, just off I-35E at Exit 448A, in the Lakepointe Towne Crossing Shopping Center. In Mesquite, the new 31,000 square-foot Gander Mountain store is located at 3777 Childress Avenue, just off the LBJ Freeway at Exit 7A. The attractive exterior design and interior layout of both locations reflect Gander Mountain’s new store prototype featuring innovative interior elements, displays and fixtures.
Special events and giveaways in Lewisville include:
- Troy Landry, star of History’s television series Swamp People will appear Saturday from Noon to 4 p.m.
- Tuff Hedeman, four-time world champion bull rider and member of the PRCA and the Texas Rodeo Cowboy Hall of Fame will appear Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Dean Rojas, Elite Bassmaster angler and Gander Mountain pro staffer, will appear Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Build-a-Bait, presented by Big Bite Baits, will give kids an opportunity to decorate their own fishing lures for free, from 10 a.m. to Noon on Saturday.
- The first 100 customers through the door at the Lewisville location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free $10 Gander Mountain gift card.
- The first 250 customers to make a purchase at the Lewisville location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free Gander Mountain t-shirt or hat.
- Customers can register for a chance to win one of three $500 Gander Mountain gift cards at the Lewisville location.
Special events and giveaways in Mesquite include:
- Troy Landry, star of History’s television series Swamp People will appear Sunday from Noon to 4 p.m.
- Byron South, professional predator hunter and host of the “Coming to the Call” DVD series, will appear Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dean Rojas, Elite Bassmaster angler and Gander Mountain pro staffer, will appear Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Build a Bait, presented by Big Bite Baits, will give kids an opportunity to decorate their own fishing lures for free, from 10 a.m. to Noon on Saturday.
- The first 100 customers through the door at the Mesquite location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free $10 Gander Mountain gift card.
- The first 250 customers to make a purchase at the Mesquite location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free Gander Mountain t-shirt or hat.
- Customers can register for a chance to win one of three $500 Gander Mountain gift cards at the Mesquite location.
The new Gander Mountain stores features the best selection of gear and accessories for hunting, fishing, camping, boating and archery in Texas. They offer an extensive selection of men’s and women’s active performance outdoor and lifestyle apparel featuring exciting brands like The North Face, Columbia, GSX, Under Armour, Guide Series, Carhartt, Marmot and a wide variety of men’s and women’s active footwear featuring brands like Asics, Merrell, Rocky, Reebok, Keen, Irish Setter, Teva, New Balance, LaCrosse, Itasca, and Saucony
The on-site Gander Mountain Firearms Super Center mission is to provide responsible citizens the highest quality solutions for their firearms needs, including safety, security, education and training. Gander Mountain has launched a campaign to emphasize personal firearms responsibility via a call to action: “With Rights Comes Responsibility; Secure Your Firearms.” This effort is designed to help keep firearms from getting into the hands of the underage, untrained and unauthorized. Gander Mountain is encouraging firearms owners to take a responsibility pledge at www.GanderMountain.com and to use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge in social media to raise awareness and encourage accountability on the subject of firearms ownership.
Those interested in careers with Gander Mountain can explore current opportunities and submit an application on-line at www.GanderMountain.com/careers.
About Gander Mountain Company
Gander Mountain Company headquartered in St. Paul, MN, is the nation’s largest retail network of outdoor specialty stores for hunting, fishing, camping, marine and outdoor lifestyle products and services. Since 1960, Gander Mountain has offered the best selection of outdoor equipment, technical apparel, active casual wear, and footwear featuring national, regional and specialty brands at competitive prices. Focused on a “We Live Outdoors®” culture, Gander Mountain dedicates itself to creating outdoor memories. There are currently 127 conveniently located Gander Mountain outdoor lifestyle stores in 24 states. For the nearest store location call 800-282-5993 or visit www.GanderMountain.com Gander Mountain is also the parent company of Overton’s (www.overtons.com), a leading catalog and Internet based retailer of products for boating and other water sports enthusiasts.