Madison, NC --(Ammoland.com)- Team Remington-Bushmaster conducted training and competed in the three major divisions of the National High-Power Rifle Competition at the recent National Rifle Association (NRA) National Matches held at Camp Perry, Ohio.
After conducting training at the Remington Advanced High-Power Rifle Marksmanship Clinics (July 26-28), Team Remington – Bushmaster participated in the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) National Matches, Remington NRA High-Power Championships, Long Range Championships and Palma Championship Matches. In addition, Remington was the title sponsor of the 2013 National Matches.
Team Remington – Bushmaster CMP Match Results:
- Joseph Hendricks, Jr. took top honors as High Junior in the National Trophy Individual matches with a score of 488-17X. This is Joey’s second national junior title while serving as competitor/instructor with the team. He was awarded the High Junior title at the 2012 NRA National High-Power Rifle Championships.
- Joseph Hendricks, Sr., a notable NRA match rifle competitor for many years, proved he can easily transition to the service rifle category for these special national match competitions and won a Silver Medal in the National Trophy Individual match with a score of 476-7X. With his victory, he earned the coveted title of U.S. Distinguished Rifleman.
- Both Joe Hendricks, Sr. and Joey Hendricks, Jr. were awarded Distinguished Rifleman Badges together on stage at the Camp Perry base theatre at the CMP awards ceremony. Joey had qualified for his Distinguished Badge earlier this season at the Ohio State Rifle Championship.
Team Remington – Bushmaster NRA High-Power Rifle Championship Match Results:
In the four-man Remington NRA Rifle Team competition, Team Remington Arms Roxburgh took second place with a score of 1972-102X. Firing members of the team included Joe Hendricks, Sr., Mark Laramie, Nate Guernsey and Hugo Adelson. Ken Roxburgh was team captain and coach.
In the NRA National Match Rifle Individual competition, Carl Bernosky of Team Remington – Bushmaster and SSgt Brandon Green of the U.S. Army Marksmanship was tied with identical scores of 2384-126X. Green was declared the winner having fired the highest score in the grand aggregate leaving Bernosky with second place. Bernosky had won the national title ten times previously.
- Carl Bernosky won the Vandenberg Cup with a score of 796-47X. The match consisted of 200, 300 and 600 hundred yard stages of fire.
- Carl Bernosky won the Clarke Trophy Match with a score of 793-40X. The match consisted of 200, 300 and 600 hundred yard stages of fire.
- Carl Bernosky was awarded the coveted Erdman Trophy match with a score of 590-24X. The match was comprised of three, 200-yard slow fire standing matches in the NRA Championship aggregate.
- Carl Bernosky won the Coast Artillery Trophy, a 200 yard rapid fire match with a score of 200-15X.
- Carl Bernosky won the Calvary Cup Match, a 300- yard rapid fire match, with a score of 200-14X.
- Mark Laramie was winner of the Members Trophy match with a score of 198-6X. The match was a 200- yard, standing, slow fire match.
- Mark Laramie won the Appreciation Cup match, a 200-yard rapid fire match, with a score of 200-11X.
- Mark Laramie won the Scott Trophy Match, a 200-yard rapid fire match, with a score of 200-17X.
Team Remington – Bushmaster Remington NRA Long Range and Palma Championship Match Results:
- Mark Laramie fired the high score of 200-13X in the Leech Cup match championship, however, in the ten shot “shoot-off” required to win the championship, he was bested by the famed Michelle Gallagher and Laramie ended up second overall. The match was a 1000 yard, any rifle, iron sights, championship.
- Joe Hendricks, Sr. fired the high overall score and the high match rifle score of 446-26X in the Palma Individual match. The match is a long-range, aggregate match with 800, 900 and 1000 yard stages of fire.
In the Palma Team Championships, Team Remington Arms Roxburgh was high match rifle team with a score of 1965-75X. Firing members of the team were Hugo Adelson, Frank Adelson, Joe Hendricks, Sr. and Mark Laramie. Team coach was Ken Roxburgh and team captain was Joe Hendricks.
“Overall this year’s National Rifle Matches were highly productive and very busy for Team Remington – Bushmaster,” said Ken Roxburgh – Team captain and coach. “The team continued its efforts to provide quality marksmanship training, participate in the nation’s highest levels of rifle competition and to provide support for a myriad of shooting sports programs that promote participation by shooters young and old, novice and advanced.”
Remington Arms Company Sponsorship Highlights:
- At the CMP/U.S. Marine Corps Junior Clinic and Excellence in Competition match, Remington provided a social/pizza party at the awards ceremony for 160 juniors, their parents and sponsors which included their Marine Corps trainers and coaches.
- At the CMP National Matches, Remington presented two lead crystal vases for the winners of the Bushmaster Cup along with gift certificates for the first, second and third place ($500, $300 and $200 respectively) in the CMP Junior, two-person team matches.
- At the High-Power Championships, Remington awarded gift certificates for the first, second and third place ($500, $300 and $200 respectively) in the NRA Junior Whistler Boy match – a two-person team match.
- At the CMP National Matches, Remington sponsored the U.S. Junior Team Support Dinner hosted by the Camp Perry Marines at the Camp Perry Clubhouse.
In addition, Remington also contributed the following trophy rifles:
- Bushmaster M-4 carbine to the winner of national Civilian Service Rifle Championship
- (2) Remington Model 700 BDL rifles to the winners of the Remington 2nd Amendment Match – a two person team match part of the NRA High-power Championships
- Remington Model 700 Sendero SF II rifle for the Winner of the Remington “Band of Brothers Trophy” – a NRA 1000-yard match at the Remington NRA Long Range National Championship
- Remington Model 700 Sendero SF II rifle to the winner at the Remington NRA National Long Range Championship
- Remington Model 700 BDL rifle to the runner-up in the Remington NRA National Long Range Championship
- Remington Model 700 BDL rifle for 3rd place finisher in the Remington NRA National Long Range Championship
About Remington-Bushmaster Rifle Team
Team Remington-Bushmaster was established in 2007 to represent Remington, Bushmaster and other Freedom Group Family of Companies at local, state, regional and national competitive rifle shooting programs of the National Rifle Association (NRA) and the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP). In addition to competing, Team Remington-Bushmaster provides Quality Marksmanship Training to promote marksmanship and participation in competitive shooting events as well as to provide training and support to civilian and U.S. military shooting teams.