At least I think that’s what he wants based on this email that he sent us: (see below)
Since Jesse has not taken us up yet on our offering of a good time to chat – we decided just to post our ideas on here. It seems as though he is reading our website, www.thefirearmreport.com (Hi Jesse!)
- Ditch the FN - DEAD SERIOUS – DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE MAKE A JJFU FN pistol.
- Reprice your 1911 – So you dropped the price of your 1911 about $400 since the last time you and I spoke in person – you are on the right track however $3100 for an STI with your “logo” on it is still overpriced. STI makes plenty of 1911s all of which are under $2,000 – what makes yours so special that its worth an extra $1100+? If you really want to sell guns – shoot for the $2500 price range – you may be able to convince people to buy one at this price.
- Rethink that ugly 1911 frame – Sure it looks sort of cool however have you tried fitting that in a standard 1911 kydex holster? It won’t fit. You took a standard design with TONS of holster options and made some extended frame that serves no purpose but adding weight. Now that design doesn’t fit in any standard 1911 kydex holsters. Ditch the extended frame – it does nothing and hinders holster options.
- Final Note on 1911s - Consider doing more design / innovation. The people who command $3000+ for a 1911 tend to have a few traits: either they have been in the business for years and have earned their stripes (Ted Yost), they have proven their guns are elite for certain kinds of competition (Joe Chambers – Bullseye or Shay Akai – USPSA), or they really push the envelope in terms of innovation and quality (SVI). A factory-built STI with some signature grips doesn’t foot the bill.
- AR-15 Crazy Pricing - We can find one AR-15 builder who charges $3K+ for a rifle, and that’s the Godfather, John Paul from JP rifles. His ARs are 100% made in-house and feature the most innovative features in the industry. Are your ARs as good as his? If they are, great, but people will want you to prove it. And my guess is if you put them side by side, your gun with it’s Wilson/FN Barrel and Geissele trigger won’t out-shoot his Supermatch 416R air-gauged, button-rifled, cryogenically treated barrel and his proprietary trigger system. But you know, good luck. We thought your lower looked cool as hell, and so did your hand guard, but cool lowers and hand guards aren’t exactly rare these days. Neither is Magpul furniture. Your stainless steel mags are intriguing, as is your suppressor, but ultimately their utility will come down to how they compare in terms of price and performance to the competition. Can your mags outperform a $12 Pmag?
If you want to talk some more about our ideas JJ feel free to reach out – you know how to find us!
About The Firearm Report
One day while at Hooters eating our wings and drinking beer we decided we need a place for some light hearted gun talk (that parts made up btw). TheFirearmReport.com is just the place – not too much here is serious – just a place to come and have a laugh or two (hopefully). Consider us your after the range hangout but online (and we don’t have beer but feel free to send us some we take donations). Visit: www.thefirearmreport.com