Fun, Celebrities, Giveaways at Gander Mountain Grand Opening.
Three-day Dothan event includes guest appearances, demos and much more fun.
ST. PAUL, MN – People who love to explore the abundant natural wonders of Alabama will find a new kind of fun this weekend. Celebrities, special demos and freebies will abound at the grand opening celebration for Dothan’s new Gander Mountain store.
Special events and appearances are happening this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, December 6, 7 & 8, to celebrate the nation’s largest retail network of outdoor specialty stores opening its latest Alabama location.
“We’re excited to officially open our doors to the countless outdoor enthusiasts in southeastern Alabama, and bring Gander Mountain’s thousands of products and great customer service to Dothan and the surrounding region,” said Steve Uline, Executive Vice President of marketing for Gander Mountain. “We’ve put together a fun grand opening weekend that will fit nicely with our new neighbors’ passion for the outdoors and active living.”
The new 45,000-square-foot Gander Mountain store in Dothan is located at 5105 Montgomery Highway, near the Napier Field Road intersection. The attractive exterior design and interior layout reflect Gander Mountain’s new store prototype featuring innovative interior elements, displays and fixtures.
Special events and giveaways include:
- Chase Landry and Brandon Hotard, stars of History’s television series Swamp People will appear Saturday and Sunday from Noon to 4 p.m.
- Dean Rojas, Elite Bassmaster angler and Gander Mountain pro staffer, will appear Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to Noon and from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Randy Howell, Elite Bassmaster angler and Daiwa pro staffer, will appear Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Andy Montgomery, Elite Bassmaster angler and Strike King pro staffer, will appear Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Paint-a-Bait, presented by Big Bite Baits, will give kids an opportunity to decorate their own fishing lures for free, from 10 a.m. to Noon on Saturday.
- The Beretta Mobile Showroom will be on-site and free for visitors all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- The first 100 customers through the door at the Dothan location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free $10 Gander Mountain gift card.
- The first 250 customers to make a purchase at the Dothan location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive either a free pair of Gander Mountain sunglasses, a t-shirt or a hat.
- Customers can register for a chance to win one of three $500 Gander Mountain gift cards at the Dothan location.
Dothan’s new Gander Mountain features the best selection of gear and accessories for hunting, fishing, camping, boating and archery in Alabama. The store offers an extensive selection of men’s and women’s active performance outdoor and lifestyle apparel featuring exciting brands like The North Face, Columbia, GSX, Under Armour, Guide Series, Carhartt and a wide variety of men’s and women’s active footwear featuring brands like Asics, Merrell, Rocky, Reebok, Keen, Irish Setter, Teva, New Balance, LaCrosse, Itasca, and Saucony
The on-site Gander Mountain Firearms Super Center mission is to provide responsible citizens the highest quality solutions for their firearms needs, including safety, security, education and training. Gander Mountain has launched a campaign to emphasize personal firearms responsibility via a call to action: “With Rights Comes Responsibility; Secure Your Firearms.” This effort is designed to help keep firearms from getting into the hands of the underage, untrained and unauthorized. Gander Mountain is encouraging firearms owners to take a responsibility pledge at www.GanderMountain.com and to use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge in social media to raise awareness and encourage accountability on the subject of firearms ownership.
The Dothan store is the fifth Gander Mountain location in Alabama, joining existing stores in Florence, Huntsville, Opelika and Tuscaloosa.
Those interested in careers with Gander Mountain can explore current opportunities and submit an application on-line at www.GanderMountain.com/careers
About Gander Mountain Company
Gander Mountain Company headquartered in St. Paul, MN, is the nation’s largest retail network of outdoor specialty stores for hunting, fishing, camping, marine and outdoor lifestyle products and services. Since 1960, Gander Mountain has offered the best selection of outdoor equipment, technical apparel, active casual wear, and footwear featuring national, regional and specialty brands at competitive prices. Focused on a “We Live Outdoors®” culture, Gander Mountain dedicates itself to creating outdoor memories. Gander Mountain has 131 conveniently-located outdoor lifestyle stores in 24 states. For the nearest store location call 800-282-5993 or visit www.GanderMountain.com Gander Mountain is also the parent company of Overton’s (www.overtons.com), a leading catalog and Internet based retailer of products for boating and other water sports enthusiasts.