Southport, CT –-(Ammoland.com)- Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) is proud to announce the new Ruger GP100 Match Champion—a six-shot revolver designed with the competitor in mind.
With its ergonomic enhancements and tuned action, the Match Champion delivers fast, accurate shots and takes the popular GP100 to the next level.
Chambered in .357 Magnum, but capable of firing .38 Special, the Match Champion has a half-lug slab-sided barrel with an 11 degree target crown for competition accuracy, a chamfered cylinder and ejector, and custom Hogue hardwood grips with stippled sides and dual speed loader cuts for quick reloads.
“Ruger has always been a popular choice for revolver shooters, and now we have a great platform for the competitive shooter who wants more out of a revolver,” said Chris Killoy, Ruger President and Chief Operating Officer.
“The GP100 Match Champion has a number of features the competitive shooter wants, including polished springs and a polished hammer strut, combined with trigger and hammer shims for a trigger pull that will help deliver shots on target with ease,” he added.
A Novak Lo-Mount Carry rear sight and fiber optic front sight create a great sight picture for both plates and targets, and the burnished trigger guard allows for smooth shooting all match long.
- The Match Champion Model is designed with the competitor in mind. With its ergonomic enhancements and tuned action, the Match Champion delivers fast, accurate shots and takes the popular GP100 to the next leve l.
- It features a contoured cylinder, Novak Lo-Mount Carry rear sight and fiber optic front sight, Hogue hardwood grip with stippled sides and a slab-sided, half-lug target crowned barrel.
- Patented grip frame design easily accommodates the use of a wide variety of custom grips.
- Patented Ruger transfer bar mechanism provides an unparalleled measure of security ag ainst accidental discharge.
- Triple-locking cylinder is locked into the frame at the front, rear and bottom for more positive alignment and dependable operation shot after shot.
- Easy takedown of integrated subassemblies requires no special tools and allows for no hassle maintenance and assembly.
- Also features a slab-sided, half-lug barrel and hard plastic case
For more information on the new GP100 Match Champion™ revolver, or to learn about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger® firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger. To find accessories for Ruger® firearms, visit ShopRuger.com.
About Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. The only full-line manufacturer of American-made firearms, Ruger offers consumers over 400 variations of more than 30 product lines. For more than 60 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Our motto, “Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens,” echoes the importance of these principles as we work hard to deliver quality and innovative firearms.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens