ST. PAUL, MN -(Ammoland.com)– People who love to explore the abundant natural wonders of Georgia will find a new kind of fun this weekend.
The grand opening celebration for McDonough’s new Gander Mountain store will abound with celebrities, special demos and giveaways.
Special events and appearances are happening all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday, May 2, 3 & 4, to celebrate the nation’s largest and fastest-growing retail network of outdoor specialty stores opening its newest Georgia location.
“We’re excited to officially open our doors to serve even more of the countless outdoor enthusiasts in the greater Atlanta area, and bring Gander Mountain’s thousands of products and great customer service to McDonough,” said Steve Uline, Executive Vice President of Marketing for Gander Mountain. “We’ve put together a fun grand opening weekend that will fit nicely with our new neighbors’ passion for the outdoors and active living.”
The new 62,000-square-foot Gander Mountain store in McDonough is located at 1970 Jonesboro Road, right off I-75 at exit 221. The attractive exterior design and interior layout reflect Gander Mountain’s new store prototype featuring innovative interior elements, displays and fixtures.
Special events and giveaways include:
- Brandon Hotard and Chase Landry, stars of History Channel’s Swamp People will appear Saturday & Sunday from Noon to 4 p.m.
- Michael Waddell, Host of Michael Waddell’s Bone Collector on the Outdoor Channel will appear Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Steve Scruggs, “The Snake Master” will be holding his exciting and educational “Snakes Alive!” seminars, Saturday & Sunday at 11 a.m. & 1 p.m.
- Mike Mayfield, TV hunting personality and RealTree Pro-Staffer member will appear Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The first 100 customers through the door at the McDonough location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free $10 Gander Mountain gift card.
- The first 250 customers to make a purchase at the McDonough location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free Gander Mountain gift.
- Customers can register for a chance to win a trip for two to the sold out CMA Music Festival in Nashville, TN.
McDonough’s new Gander Mountain features the best selection of gear and accessories for hunting, fishing, camping, boating and archery in Georgia.
The store offers an extensive selection of men’s and women’s active performance outdoor and lifestyle apparel featuring exciting brands like The North Face, Columbia, GSX, Under Armour, Guide Series, Carhartt and a wide variety of men’s and women’s active footwear featuring brands like Asics, Merrell, Rocky, Reebok, Keen, Irish Setter, Teva, New Balance, LaCrosse, Itasca, and Saucony
The McDonough store is the newest of three Gander Mountain locations in Georgia including stores in Albany and Valdosta. The on-site Gander Mountain Firearms Super Center mission is to provide responsible citizens the highest quality solutions for their firearms needs, including safety, security, education and training.
Gander Mountain has launched a campaign to emphasize personal firearms responsibility via a call to action: “With Rights Comes Responsibility; Secure Your Firearms.”
This effort is designed to help keep firearms from getting into the hands of the underage, untrained and unauthorized. Gander Mountain is encouraging firearms owners to take a responsibility pledge at GanderMountain and to use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge in social media to raise awareness and encourage accountability on the subject of firearms ownership.
About Gander Mountain Company
Gander Mountain Company headquartered in St. Paul, MN, is the nation’s largest and fastest-growing retail network of outdoor specialty stores for hunting, fishing, camping, marine and outdoor lifestyle products and services. Since 1960, Gander Mountain has offered the best selection of outdoor equipment, technical apparel, active casual wear, and footwear featuring national, regional and specialty brands at competitive prices. Focused on a “We Live Outdoors” culture, Gander Mountain dedicates itself to creating outdoor memories. Gander Mountain has 135 conveniently-located outdoor lifestyle stores in 25 states.