Three-day Pensacola event includes celebrity appearances, giveaways and much more fun.
ST. PAUL, MN – -(Ammoland.com)- People who love to explore the abundant natural wonders of Florida will find a new kind of fun this weekend.
The grand opening celebration for Pensacola’s new Gander Mountain store will abound with celebrities, special demos and freebies. Special events and appearances are happening all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday, April 11, 12 & 13, to celebrate the nation’s largest and fastest-growing retail network of outdoor specialty stores opening its latest Florida location.
“We’re excited to officially open our doors to the countless outdoor enthusiasts in the Pensacola metro area, and bring Gander Mountain’s thousands of products and great customer service to the Florida Panhandle,” said Steve Uline, Executive Vice President of marketing for Gander Mountain.
“We’ve put together a fun grand opening weekend that will fit nicely with our new neighbors’ passion for the outdoors and active living.”
The new 42,900-square-foot Gander Mountain store in Pensacola is located at 1220 Airport Blvd., right off of I-110 at exit 5. The attractive exterior design and interior layout reflect Gander Mountain’s new store prototype featuring innovative interior elements, displays and fixtures.
Special events and giveaways include:
- Brandon Hotard and Chase Landry, stars of History’s hit TV series Swamp People will appear Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Travis “T-Bone” Turner, host of Michael Waddell’s Bone Collector on the Outdoor Channel, will appear Saturday and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Randy Birdsong and Nate Hosie, hosts of Headhunters TV show on the Outdoor Channel, will appear Friday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Dean Rojas, elite Bassmaster Angler and Gander Mountain Pro-Staffer, will appear Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Daisy Inflatable Shooting Range will be on-site Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The first 100 customers through the door at the Pensacola location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free $10 Gander Mountain gift card.
- The first 250 customers to make a purchase at the Pensacola location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free Gander Mountain gift.
- Customers can register for a chance to win a trip for two to the sold out CMA Music Festival in Nashville, TN.
Pensacola’s new Gander Mountain features the best selection of gear and accessories for hunting, fishing, camping, boating and archery in Florida. The store offers an extensive selection of men’s and women’s active performance outdoor and lifestyle apparel featuring exciting brands like The North Face, Columbia, GSX, Under Armour, Guide Series, Carhartt and a wide variety of men’s and women’s active footwear featuring brands like Asics, Merrell, Rocky, Reebok, Keen, Irish Setter, Teva, New Balance, LaCrosse, Itasca, and Saucony
The on-site Gander Mountain Firearms Super Center mission is to provide responsible citizens the highest quality solutions for their firearms needs, including safety, security, education and training. Gander Mountain has launched a campaign to emphasize personal firearms responsibility via a call to action: “With Rights Comes Responsibility; Secure Your Firearms.” This effort is designed to help keep firearms from getting into the hands of the underage, untrained and unauthorized. Gander Mountain is encouraging firearms owners to take a responsibility pledge at www.GanderMountain.com and to use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge in social media to raise awareness and encourage accountability on the subject of firearms ownership.
The Pensacola store is the seventh Gander Mountain location in Florida, joining existing stores in Tampa, Jacksonville, Ocala, Palm Beach Gardens, St. Augustine and the nation’s largest Gander Mountain Academy in Lake Mary.
Those interested in careers with Gander Mountain can explore current opportunities and submit an application on-line at www.GanderMountain.com/careers
About Gander Mountain Company
Gander Mountain Company headquartered in St. Paul, MN, is the nation’s largest retail network of outdoor specialty stores for hunting, fishing, camping, marine and outdoor lifestyle products and services. Since 1960, Gander Mountain has offered the best selection of outdoor equipment, technical apparel, active casual wear, and footwear featuring national, regional and specialty brands at competitive prices. Focused on a “We Live Outdoors®” culture, Gander Mountain dedicates itself to creating outdoor memories. Gander Mountain has 133 conveniently-located outdoor lifestyle stores in 25 states. For the nearest store location call 800-282-5993 or visit www.GanderMountain.com Gander Mountain is also the parent company of Overton’s (www.overtons.com), a leading catalog and Internet based retailer of products for boating and other water sports enthusiasts.