Paso Robles, CA - -(Ammoland.com)- NRA show attendees who visit the National High School Rodeo Association (NHSRA) booth (#6846) April 25-27 can register to win a custom Weatherby Mark V rifle in .300 Wby. Mag.
Valued at $14,000, the rifle features the NHSRA logo and is topped with a Leupold riflescope donated by Leupold & Stevens, Inc.
Each year, the NHSRA awards thousands of dollars in educational funding to members. Since 2001, the Weatherby-NHSRA Scholarship Fund rifle has raised more than $1.2 million via the annual raffle. This year’s drawing for the winner will be held during the National High School Finals Rodeo July 13-19 at the Sweetwater Events Complex, Rock Springs, Wyo. For more information on the NHSRA, visit www.nhsra.com.
Key features of the Scholarship Fund Mark V rifle include:
- “NHSRA Scholarship Rifle 2014” engraved on the barrel; NHSRA logo engraved on the floorplate
- NHSRA logo embossed on the strap of the rifle’s walnut-tone leather case
- low-luster blue metal finish and engraved 24-karat gold and silver selective plating
- exhibition-grade claro walnut stock with ebony tip, cap and gold swivels
- stock has a satin oil finish and checkering in a fineline point pattern
- brown sidewall recoil pad
- 26-inch #2 contour barrel
- Talley two-piece mounts
Weatherby’s booth (#6845) adjoins the NHSRA booth. The NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits run April 25-27 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.
Founded in 1945, Weatherby, Inc.’s line features the new WBY-X products as well as the popular Vanguard Series 2 and legendary Mark V rifles (production and custom), Threat Response shotguns and rifles, semi-auto and pump shotguns, premium ammunition and security/shooting accessories. For more information, go to www.weatherby.com. The company is based in Paso Robles, Calif., and invites all hunters and shooters to visit its free online community at www.weatherbynation.com or Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Weatherbyinc.