USA --(Ammoland.com)- Before being lost in the Peruvian Mountains, military veteran and seasoned adventurer Scott Hubbartt considered himself well prepared to face any challenge…but his previous survival training failed to keep his daylong hike from turning into desperate days of fighting to survive.
In A Short Walk to the Edge of Life:( http://tiny.cc/qn7kgx ) How My Simple Adventure Became a Dance with Death – and Taught Me What Really Matters Hubbartt discusses the failures, miracles and insights he gained while being hopelessly lost.
QUIZ: What would you do to survive…if lost in a desert?
What should you wear?
- A: Short sleeves and shorts, because it will be so hot
- B: Long sleeves and pants, to protect from sunburn
- C: A jacket and shorts, because it gets cold at night
- D: Short sleeves and long pants, to prevent snake and insect bites
When would you travel?
- A: Day, so people could see me
- B: Night, because it will be cooler
- C: Both- No resting until I find civilization
- D: Neither. Somebody will find me eventually…
How would you best look for water?
- A: Inside a cactus
- B: Dig a hole in the ground
- C: Follow animals or their tracks
- D: Collect rain water or morning dew
How would you walk?
- A; Slowly, to conserve energy
- B: In circles, probably
- C: Quickly, to make it to civilization
- D: I would sprint
How many breaks would you take?
- A; One hour on, one hour off
- B: I wouldn’t take breaks
- C: Walk all night, rest all day
- D: 10 minutes for every hour
If you came to a mountain or dangerous terrain, what would you do?
- A: Give up and make my home in the desert
- B: Go around it- conserve energy
- C: Go across it- the most direct way
- D: Run across it and hope for the best
Answers: B,B, A,A, D, B
- Five Correct: Star Survivalist…have you thought of teaching classes on how to survive?
- Four: Survivor Man…you could probably make it in the desert and help others along the way
- Three: 50-50 Chance of Surviving…you may want to brush up on facts, as it could go either way for you?
- One or Two: Sign up now for survival classes! And you may want to delay that hike in the desert until after classes.
Short Walk to the Edge of Life; by Scott Hubbartt is available on Amazon: http://tiny.cc/qn7kgx