Today is Tuesday, September 02, 2014rss RSS feed
Utah Non-Resident Carry Permits No Longer Valid In Pennsylvania

Utah Non-Resident Carry Permits No Longer Valid In Pennsylvania

Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs

Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs

Trenton, NJ --(Ammoland.com)- Earlier this week, rumors began circulating that anti-gun Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane had invalidated the Keystone State’s concealed carry reciprocity agreement with Utah.

Unfortunately, those rumors are true.

Pennsylvania no longer honors Utah non-resident permits, and those attempting to carry in Pennsylvania with a Utah non-resident permit are subject to arrest and prosecution.

ANJRPC is reviewing all available options and will have additional updates.

ANJRPC is currently suing the State of New Hampshire over a similar but unrelated carry reciprocity issue.

About Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs: The Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs, Inc. is the official NRA State Association in New Jersey. Our mission is to implement all of the programs and activities at the state level that the NRA does at the national level. This mission includes the following: To support and defend the constitutional rights of the people to keep and bear arms. To take immediate action against any legislation at the local, state and federal level that would infringe upon these rights. Visit: www.anjrpc.org

• 14 User comments to “Utah Non-Resident Carry Permits No Longer Valid In Pennsylvania”

1. Fed Up on May 15, 2014 at 5:40 PM said:

We choose our vacation destinations on the ability to protect our family while traveling. I guess PA is no longer on the list.

2. Gary Slider on May 15, 2014 at 7:03 PM said:

PA completely dropped Utah. No Utah Permit is valid in PA at this time. PA is talking to Utah about an agreement and if/when that agreement is signed (Handgunlaw.us believes it will be signed) PA will only honor the Utah permits issued to Residents of Utah. Again NO UTAH PERMIT IS VALID IN PA AT THIS TIME!

Gary Slider
      Co-Owner

3. George McNelia on May 16, 2014 at 10:46 AM said:

This is outrageous. I own a vacation home in the Poconos. My wife and I have Utah non resident permits so we could carry in PA while at our other house. Now Im screwed. My primary residence is NJ.

4. This the same State Attorney General that nixed an ongoing criminal investigation of Philadelphia Democrats taking bribes and payoffs.

5. askeptic on May 16, 2014 at 1:36 PM said:

Something keeps rattling around in the back of my head about the results you should expect when you elect Dems.

6. william williams on May 16, 2014 at 1:54 PM said:

This is another attempt of some liberals to take away our rights to carry guns to protect ourselves. What part of “shall not be infringed upon” do politicians not understand. THIS COUNTRY WAS WON WITH GUNS AS WE AS PRIVATE CITZENS CHOOSE TO DEFEND OURSELVES WITH GUNS.

7. Tactical Medic on May 16, 2014 at 6:58 PM said:

I would want to look at the Utah training requirements for nonresidents before I was comfortable with these “permits” in New Mexico.
      My Family members and fellow Officers deserve to know that CCW license holders are well trained.

8. JustAMan on May 16, 2014 at 7:38 PM said:

So basically, All New Jersey law-abiding citizen residents are just plain screwed.

I’d gladly get a PA license to carry in Philadelphia but PA won’t issue a permit to anyone who can’t get a permit from their home state. So New York, DC, and New Jersey Residents are OUT, despite the fact that 2/3 of South Jersey works in PA!

Now, basically there is no way to defend one’s self.

Forgive me for not wanting to end up like Amber Long.

9. Dan Shaller on May 20, 2014 at 2:06 AM said:

I was a resident of PA., my family is in PA.
      might I suggest that the PA residents petition
      the Governor and blanket the AG. With faxes
      phone calls and emails to complain about this
      grossly manipulation of justice and law.
      I live in Massachusetts, one of the most anal-puckerd
      states in the union. But i I still can carry concealed,
      I think the time has come to revolt against the self serving
      politicos that you have in office. You Still Can Vote Can’t
      You. Good luck with the first of many threats to your freedom.

10. dennis on May 20, 2014 at 3:26 PM said:

I’m an Ohio resident who 2 mo. ago spent $150 to get a Utah permit so I wouldn’t have a problem traveling through Pa. Today it came in the mail so I clicked the reciprocity map to watch the colors change and nothing happened with Pa. I’m torqued!!

11. Mike B on May 20, 2014 at 8:43 PM said:

PA. Recognizes Arizona and Virginia non resident licenses

12. My family used to vacation in PA because I could keep my family safe. We spent a lot of money in PA for MANY years! Looks like my money will now be spent on the Delaware shores.. SAD!!

13. Never thought PA would cave… I knew NJ sucked.. That why my retirement and life savings will be spent in the south…

14. This sucks I thought something looked different while researching getting the UTAH permit. Having PA would be nice as I’m stuck here in CT the liberal cesspool. Having to go through less BS states as possible while driving from this hellhole is why I want UTAH. Looking less attractive at this point.