ST. Paul, MN -(Ammoland.com)- People who love to explore the abundant natural wonders of Indiana will find a new kind of fun this weekend.
The grand opening celebration for Greenfield’s new Gander Mountain store will abound with celebrities, special demos and giveaways. Special events and appearances are happening all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday, June 6, 7 & 8, to celebrate the nation’s largest and fastest-growing retail network of outdoor specialty stores opening its newest Indiana location.
“We’re excited to officially open our doors to serve even more of the countless outdoor enthusiasts in Indiana, and bring Gander Mountain’s thousands of products and great customer service to Greenfield,” said Steve Uline, Executive Vice President of Marketing for Gander Mountain. “We’ve put together a fun grand opening weekend that will fit nicely with our new neighbors’ passion for the outdoors and active living.”
The new 45,600-square-foot Gander Mountain store in Greenfield is located at 2175 Barrett Drive, right off I-70 at exit 104. The attractive exterior design and interior layout reflect Gander Mountain’s new store prototype featuring innovative interior elements, displays and fixtures.
Special events and giveaways include:
- Troy and Jacob Landry, stars of History’s hit TV series Swamp People will appear Saturday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday from Noon to 3 p.m.
- Travis “T-Bone” Turner, Host of Michael Waddell’s Bone Collector on the Outdoor Channel will appear Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tim Sylvia, two-time UFC heavyweight champion will appear Friday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Carl Drake, TV hunting personality and Realtree Pro-Staffer will appear Friday from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Shimano Experience Team, DPMS Panther Firearms Trailer and Crosman Shooting Trailer will be on-site all weekend.
- The first 100 customers through the door at the Greenfield location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free $10 Gander Mountain gift card.
- The first 250 customers to make a purchase at the Greenfield location on Friday, Saturday and Sunday will receive a free Gander Mountain gift.
- Customers can register for a chance to win a trip for two to the CMA Music Awards in Nashville, TN.
Greenfield’s new Gander Mountain features the best selection of gear and accessories for hunting, fishing, camping, boating and archery in Indiana. The store offers an extensive selection of men’s and women’s active performance outdoor and lifestyle apparel featuring exciting brands like The North Face, Columbia, GSX, Under Armour, Guide Series, Carhartt and a wide variety of men’s and women’s active footwear featuring brands like Asics, Merrell, Rocky, Reebok, Reef, Keen, Irish Setter, Teva, New Balance, LaCrosse, Itasca, and Saucony
The on-site Gander Mountain Firearms Super Center mission is to provide responsible citizens the highest quality solutions for their firearms needs, including safety, security, education and training. Gander Mountain has launched a campaign to emphasize personal firearms responsibility via a call to action: “With Rights Comes Responsibility; Secure Your Firearms.”
This effort is designed to help keep firearms from getting into the hands of the underage, untrained and unauthorized. Gander Mountain is encouraging firearms owners to take a responsibility pledge online and to use the hashtag #responsibilitypledge in social media to raise awareness and encourage accountability on the subject of firearms ownership.
The Greenfield store is the newest addition to the nine Gander Mountain locations in Indiana, including existing stores in Evansville, Fort Wayne, Greenwood, Indianapolis, Lafayette, Merrillville, Terre Haute, and the recently-opened Avon location.
Those interested in careers with Gander Mountain can explore current opportunities and submit an application online.
About Gander Mountain Company
Gander Mountain Company headquartered in St. Paul, MN, is the nation’s largest and fastest-growing retail network of outdoor specialty stores for hunting, fishing, camping, marine and outdoor lifestyle products and services. Since 1960, Gander Mountain has offered the best selection of outdoor equipment, technical apparel, active casual wear, and footwear featuring national, regional and specialty brands at competitive prices. Focused on a “We Live Outdoors” culture, Gander Mountain dedicates itself to creating outdoor memories. Gander Mountain has 142 conveniently-located outdoor lifestyle stores in 25 states. Gander Mountain is also the parent company of Overton’s, a leading catalog and Internet based retailer of products for boating and other water sports enthusiasts.