Maryland ––(Ammoland.com)- Many people are asking what next?
Primary Election 2014 did not go as well as Maryland Shall Issue (MSI) had hoped, but we are not giving up.
November’s general election will offer new opportunities to remove Delegates and Senators who voted for SB281 and elect pro-2A representatives.
Maryland Shall Issue is working on the best strategy to help key Delegates and Senators and will be enacting this shortly. We will need your help in three ways: 1.) We will need your votes in November 2.) We will need manpower to help spread our message and 3.) We will need money to help spread our message.
We are committed to doing everything we can to make the general election the best possible one for 2A rights in Maryland. Look for more information soon.
We would like to share some good news. We promised that people who voted for SB281 would lose their jobs, and several did:
- Delegate Louis Simmons was defeated in his bid for Maryland Senate and is not able to return to the House of Delegates.
- Delegate Darren Swain who voted for SB281 was defeated in his House of Delegates election. He was a member of the HJC.
- Delegate Shawn Tarrent, co-sponsor of SB281, was defeated in his House of Delegates primary.
- Delegate Michael Summers who voted for SB281 was defeated in his House of Delegates primary.
- Delegate Veronica Turner who voted for SB281 and received an F from the NRA was defeated in her attempt to gain a Senate seat and is not able to return to the house.
In the midst of the good news, it saddens us to announce:
- Delegate Don Dwyer, long time defender of 2A rights in Maryland was defeated in his primary bid.
- Delegate Michael Smigiel, long time defender of 2A rights in Maryland was defeated in his primary bid.
We encourage everyone to thank Delegates Dwyer and Smigiel for their long service in defense of the 2nd Amendment.
Moving forward, MSI would like to take a moment and get some feedback from our membership. To this end, we have created a survey we hope members will take a moment to fill out.
1332 Cape Saint Claire Road #342
Annapolis, Maryland 21409
Mission Statement: Maryland Shall Issue is an all volunteer, non-partisan effort dedicated to the preservation and advancement of all gunowners’ rights in Maryland, with a primary goal of CCW reform to allow all law-abiding citizens the right to carry a concealed weapon; and to the education of the community to the awareness that ‘shall issue’ laws have, in all cases, resulted in decreased rates of violent crime.