Holiday Tribute, hosted by Gary Sinise, Continues Network’s “Salute to Service” Initiative
New Berlin, Wis. –(Ammoland.com)- Sportsman Channel celebrates freedom and the great outdoors on July 4th with an exclusive Independence Day Celebration presented by Bravo Company. The day-long event runs from Noon-8 p.m. ET.
Programming for Sportsman Channel’s Independence Day Celebrationfeatures a powerful line-up of shows dedicated to service, sacrifice, and celebrating the outdoor lifestyle. The all-day marathon will pay tribute to all military, first responders, and families of those who risk their lives for the safety of others. Every program throughout the day will recognize servicemen and women and their connections to the great outdoors.
Featured programming includes a two-hour block of back-to-back episodes of Saving Private K-9, hosted by R. Lee Ermey, as well as back-to-back episodes of Amazing America with Sarah Palin. NRANews Cam & Co. also will air a special July 4th hour-long block featuring Skull Bound TV host Jana Waller along with host Cam Edwards.
Additionally, Southern Game Calls (SGC) presents “The Resistance” sponsored by Mojo Outdoors. Mojo teams up with AHERO Foundation, an organization that connects veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars with other war veterans and patriotic members of local communities through outdoor and social activities. The hosts accompany two wounded veterans and America’s finest Marines to South Africa on a safari.
The Independence Day Celebration also will follow three competitors at the United States Army Marksmanship Unit (USAMU) Small Arms Championship in Fort Benning, Ga. The USAMU hosts its event disguised as a competition.
Award winning actor and veterans rights advocate Gary Sinise returns to Sportsman Channel, appearing throughout the day in his role as spokesperson for the network’s Salute to Service initiative – an ongoing multimedia effort to celebrate American servicemen and women, and raise awareness of issues and opportunities facing all the men and women who serve this great country. Launched in 2013, the program spans everything from series programming and documentaries to social media and editorial. Salute to Service takes center stage on Sportsman Channel during every major holiday that commemorates the U.S. military’s sacrifices and successes, including Memorial Day, July 4th and Veterans Day. In expanding its content and coverage in 2014, Sportsman Channel’s initiative reflects its audience’s strong connection to military service, stories, people and patriotism.
Sportsman will air video vignettes – courtesy of the Department of Defense – from active military serving throughout the world. The salutes will offer an innovative chance for active military personnel to connect with their families back home through multiple media sources including a second screen application. Viewers can actively participate by tweeting messages of encouragement, pride and why they are so wild about being Americanby using the hashtag #RedWildBlue and watch them live on-air throughout the marathon programming.
Sportsman Channel’s Independence Day Celebration airs on July 4 at Noon-8 p.m. ET. The following is the network’s special programming schedule:
- Noon – Saving Private K-9: Dan Traeder and his canine partner Remy zero in on a Taliban drug operation.
- 12:30 p.m. – Saving Private K-9: Rex is anything but an ordinary dog – his explosive detection training makes him a key player in the survival of fellow Marines, alerting soldiers to insurgents and other potential threats.
- 1 p.m. – Saving Private K-9: A routine security mission in Afghanistan turns into explosions and gunfire for Sergeant Marc Whittaker and Anax.
- 1:30 p.m. – Saving Private K-9: Tiger, a bomb detection dog in Vietnam, was at the top of his canine class in the 1970s when he partnered with Army scout dog handler Johnny Mayo. Through retraining, Tiger became a scout dog and Mayo’s most loyal companion.
- 2 p.m. – SGC Presents “The Resistance” sponsored by Mojo Outdoors: Kyle and Ken team up with AHERO Foundation as they accompany two wounded vets and America’s finest Marines to South Africa on a safari.
- 2:30 p.m. – YETI’s Ultimate Hunt: A true American Patriot, professional wrestling Hall-of-Famer and TV host, Shawn Michaels, takes viewers down memory lane to his early days in the big ring and shares his affinity for the outdoors.
- 3 p.m. – Backwoods Life: Kevin Knighton meets a hometown hero who receives a Purple Heart 62 years after World War II.
- 3:30 p.m. – Bullets & Broadheads: Michael, Sonia and their kid’s head to San Antonio to join HAVA (Honoring American Veterans Afield) for the 6th Annual Family Days. Humbled by the experience, Michael joins professional three-gun shooter Tate Moots and two American heroes on a West Texas whitetail and crane hunt.
- 4 p.m. – The Outfitters Built by Ford F-Series: Host Fred Eichler ventures out after dark with bow in hand on an intense night gator hunt.
- 4:30 p.m. – Easton Bowhunting: Fred Eichler has the honor of hunting with the Armed Services elite Army Rangers. These boys have more than hunting in mind for Eichler as they do their best to make him one of their own.
- 5 p.m. – USAMU Small Arms Championship: The U.S. Army Marksmanship Unit, based at Fort Benning, Ga., hosts the Small Arms Championships, a training event disguised as a competition. Viewers are introduced to three competitors, including the only person to win four consecutive All-Around Championships.
- 5:30 p.m. – Beyond the Battlefield: Vietnam veteran Curtis Williamson is on the hunt for his first-ever turkey in Georgia. His quest turns into a season-long adventure.
- 6 p.m. – NRANews Cam & Co.: Cam Edwards hosts a one-hour block dedicated to July 4th and welcomes Skull Bound TV host Jana Waller.
- 7 p.m. – Amazing America with Sarah Palin: Host Sarah Palin brings decorated war hero Dakota Meyer to her picturesque home state of Alaska, where he shares his moving story of being the youngest living Medal of Honor recipient.
- 7:30 p.m. – Amazing America with Sarah Palin: Country musician Craig Morgan sheds light on his self-sustaining lifestyle, as well as his passion for the outdoors.
Join the Twitter conversation @SPORTSMANchnl and let your voice be heard by using #RedWildBlue.
About Sportsman Channel:Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman HD is the only television and digital media company fully devoted to honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of Americans. The leader in outdoor television, Sportsman Channel delivers entertaining and informative programming that embraces outdoor adventure, hunting and fishing, and reveals it through unique, surprising and authentic storytelling. Sportsman Channel embraces the attitude of “Red, Wild & Blue America” – where the American Spirit and Great Outdoors are celebrated in equal measure. The network also is dedicated to promoting our nation’s military heroes and veterans, as well as providing a voice for conservation throughout the United States. Sportsman Channel reaches more than 36 million U.S. television households. Stay connected to Sportsman Channel online at www.thesportsmanchannel.com; Facebook, (facebook.com/sportsmanchannel); Twitter (twitter.com/SPORTSMANchnl and twitter.com/SportsmanPR) and YouTube (youtube.com/TheSportsmanChannel).