Beginning on August 4 at 7 p.m. ET
New Berlin, Wis. –(Ammoland.com)- When Brian “Pigman” Quaca decides to contribute to the eradication of the exploding feral hog population – few experts are better equipped.Beginning Monday, August 4 at 7 p.m. ET, Sportsman Channel returns with a full-week of the award-winning programming stunt – Aporkalypse 2014.
The entire week of expanded hog eradication takes a deep dive into the many issues associated with the feral hog epidemic.
When Quaca goes airborne – the process is supremely efficient and effective. The action is unrivaled and the mode of transportation will leave viewers in shock and disbelief. With equal parts adventure and education, Aporkalypse 2014 leads into the anticipated premiere of Pigman: The Series (“Aparalypse”) on Sunday, August 10 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. For a sneak peek click here.
The week begins with back-to-back episodes of large-scale aerial hog eradication on Heli-Hunter presented by Fusion – Monday, August 4 at 7-8 p.m. ET and continues with new programs throughout the week. Heli-Hunter episodes have the team educating audiences about the seemingly inexorable damage created by feral hogs and demonstrating how the eradication of this menace can curb accidents, avoid death, save lives and billions of dollars.
On Friday, August 8 at 7 p.m. ET, viewers will not want to miss the tag-team of legendary Motor City rocker Ted Nugent and Quaca. The one-hour special features “Uncle Ted” and “Pigman” attempting to liberate a Texas farm from a massive infestation of destructive swine.
The high-octane week of hog eradiation builds to the premiere of Pigman: The Series on Sunday, August 10 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. The aerial assault on the Texas feral hog population continues – but with a twist as Quaca is leaving his helicopter in the hangar for an unconventional form of air transportation that will leave viewers awestruck.
“When we came up with this concept, I’m not going to lie – I thought the level of danger was beyond ridiculous,” admitted Quaca. “It wasn’t about the body count…we conquered that fascination in 2012 and 2013. It was about the challenge of trying to show viewers a unique level of shooting difficulty, all while creating a slight level of in-show anxiety. It was crazy…period.”
“We are proud to give our viewers the 2014 version of the hit stunt Aporkalypse – the bacon will be flying this year,” said Marc Fein, executive vice president of programming and production for Sportsman Channel. “Brian does a great job of educating the viewer about the serious feral hog epidemic in Texas while doing his part to help eradicate the overpopulation of hogs. The way he goes about it this year is extremely unique and some would say just plain nuts – you can’t miss it!”
Aporkalypse, has experienced significant and steady growth in the past three years and continues to be one of Sportsman Channel’s most popular programming stunts. The record-setting stunt has developed from a special, to a block of programs and now a full week of adventure. Aporkalypse 2014 presented by ‘Ammo to Go’ is primed to evoke a week of awe, education and passion.
The endless battle against feral hogs in the United States begins in Texas. According to Texas Parks and Wildlife, there is an estimated 1.5 million feral hogs in Texas. The average litter size is four to six with the capability of producing up to 12 (two litters per year). Feral hogs cause damage in many forms including: the death of livestock and wildlife, indirect destruction of habitat and agriculture commodities, forestry destruction and devastation of crops and fields as a result of the rooting and trampling activity associated with foraging for food. According to USA Today, feral hogs cause an estimated $1.5 billion in damages each year.
Aporkalypse 2014 Lineup:
- Heli-Hunter presented by Fusion – Monday, August 4 (7-8 p.m. ET): The local police department contacts the men at Heli-Hunter to assist in the extermination of feral hogs from an area where the swine caused several accidents on the roadway.
- Heli-Hunter presented by Fusion– Tuesday, August 5 (7-8 p.m. ET): Every year, the men from Heli-Hunter donate a hunt to a local benefit auction. Tune in to see how the highest bidder has the experience of his life and discovers many surprises in the process.
- Heli-Hunter presented by Fusion– Wednesday, August 6 (7-8 p.m. ET): Craig and Terrell leave their helicopter behind and pursue nocturnal swine with thermal equipment on the one-hour episode of Heli-Hunter. The twists and turns will leave viewers shaking their heads.
- Heli-Hunter presented by Fusion/Pigman: The Series – Thursday, August 7 (7-8 p.m. ET): The Heli-Hunter crew pack their bags and leave their homes for South Texas to assist a rancher who has an abundance of hogs doing extreme damage. At 7:30 p.m. ET, “Pigman” and Ted Nugent attempt to “cleanse our good mother Earth” of feral hogs in true rock-and-roll fashion.
- Pigman: The Series – Friday, August 8 (7-8 p.m. ET): Experience the dynamic duo of “Pigman” and Ted Nugent in the helicopter during a massive undertaking of pork eradication. “Pigman” also attempts a first-ever aerial hog harvest with a compound bow.
- Scentblocker’s The Chase/Whitetail Fix Presented by Bear Archery – Saturday, August 9 (7-8 p.m. ET): The teams from both programs take viewers on adventurous spot-and-stalk hunts for wild hogs in the Carolinas and Alabama.
- Pigman: The Series/Heli-Hunter/Petersen’s Hunting Adventure/American Rebel/Pure Hunting/Travelin’ Hunter – Sunday, August 10 (8-11 p.m. ET/PT): The week culminates with all-new episodes and the premiere of “Pigman: The Series” (8 p.m. ET/PT). The show is dubbed “Aparalypse” and once again promises to deliver innovative and unconventional ways to eradicate feral hogs from the air. Viewers may do a double-take after watching how “Pigman” takes to the skies.
To find Sportsman Channel in your area click here.
Join the conversation on Twitter by using hashtag #Aporkalypse2014.
About Sportsman Channel:Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman HD is the only television and digital media company fully devoted to honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of Americans. The leader in outdoor television, Sportsman Channel delivers entertaining and informative programming that embraces outdoor adventure, hunting and fishing, and reveals it through unique, surprising and authentic storytelling. Sportsman Channel embraces the attitude of “Red, Wild & Blue America” – where the American Spirit and Great Outdoors are celebrated in equal measure. The network also is dedicated to promoting our nation’s military heroes and veterans, as well as providing a voice for conservation throughout the United States. Sportsman Channel reaches more than 36 million U.S. television households. Stay connected to Sportsman Channel online at www.thesportsmanchannel.com; Facebook, (facebook.com/sportsmanchannel); Twitter (twitter.com/SPORTSMANchnl and twitter.com/SportsmanPR) and YouTube (youtube.com/TheSportsmanChannel).