Holiday event features free games, giveaways, food samples, seminars and big bargains on outdoor gear.
Springfield, MO -(Ammoland.com)- Labor Day Hometown Festival, Bass Pro Shops say-goodbye-to-summer party, will be held Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 30 and 31 from noon to 5 p.m. at Bass Pro Shops store across the U.S. and Canada.
Hometown Festival family activities include free games and crafts, giveaways, face painting, food samples, and seminars. Bass Pro Shops Labor Day Hometown Festival offers free activities for the whole family.
“You can squeeze the last drop out of summer fun this Labor Day without putting any pressure on your budget by bringing the family to Bass Pro Shops free Labor Day Hometown Festival,” said Tammy Sapp, Bass Pro Shops communications director. “In addition to the free activities, the Labor Day blowout also includes great deals on gear for hunting, fishing, camping, outdoor cooking and more.”
Free family fun events held from noon to 5 p.m. on Aug. 30 and 31 include:
- Metal Detector Treasure Hunt
- Casting Buckets for aspiring anglers
- Duck Pond Game where kids can pick a duck for a chance to win a LED flashing lanyard (while supplies last).
- Coloring an owl backpack clip
- Face painting
- Free photo downloads
The first 100 kids to complete a punch card each day can win a free Bass Pro Shops kids drawstring bag.
Other giveaways include:
- Gift card giveaway – Two $25 gift cards will be given away on Aug. 30 and Aug. 31.
- Honoring Hometown Heroes – On Aug. 30 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Bass Pro Shops will be honoring hometown heroes such as veterans, soldiers, military personnel, police, firefighters, paramedics and teachers with hourly drawings a $50 Bass Pro Shops gift card, Maui Jim Sunglasses, and a YETI cooler. Winners must show valid ID.
- No party is complete without food so Bass Pro Shops is pulling out all the stops with the following free food samples and foodie seminars on Aug. 30 and 31:
Free Food Sampling (while supplies last)
- 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. – Hot dogs
- Noon to 5 p.m. – Tasty Food Samples
- 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. – Homemade Ice Cream
- 1:30 p.m. Stoked to Smoke – How to Smoke Meat Right
- 2:30 p.m. Backyard Chef – Picking the Right Grill
- 3:30 p.m. Going Dutch – Dutch Oven Cooking Made Easy
Also, everyone is invited to attend the following muskie fishing seminars on Aug. 30 and 31 at participating stores:
- Noon – The Good, The Bad, and The Muskie
- 1 p.m. – Muskie Tactics
In addition, factory experts and pro staff will be available to answer fishing questions at participating store. For more information about local store schedules and events during the Labor Day Hometown Festival, visit online. Sale prices will be honored but the event will not be at store locations in Miami, Florida; Branson, Missouri; Islamorada, Florida; Bristol, Tennessee; or the Outlet Store in Springfield, Missouri.
About Bass Pro Shops
Bass Pro Shops, which specializes in outdoor fun, operates 87 retail stores and Tracker Marine Centers across America and Canada that are visited by more than 116 million people every year. Bass Pro Shops stores, many of which feature restaurants, offer hunting, fishing, camping and other outdoor gear while their catalogs and website serve shoppers throughout the world. The company’s Tracker Marine Group, which has produced the number one selling brand of fishing boats for more than 35 years, manufactures and sells a variety of boats for fishing and cruising. Family fun is on tap at Bass Pro Shops resort Big Cedar Lodge, voted number six by Travel and Leisure Magazine as World’s Best Hotels for Families.