13 Groups and organizations receive prize grants.
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. --(Ammoland.com)- National Hunting and Fishing Day (NHF Day) and the Yamaha Outdoor Access Initiative partnered to promote a grant program called the NHF Day Live It! grants.
With many applicants through the program, 13 were chosen to receive the Live It! Grants.
NHF Day and Yamaha strive to promote growth in conservation efforts through a wide range of projects. The deserving organizations of the Live It! grants are able to help further each of their program’s goal of connecting everyone to the outdoors.
NHF Day encouraged clubs, associations and agencies to submit detailed applications for their specific needs. A select committee reviewed each application and awarded grants to help fund deserving events. All events are National Hunting and Fishing Day focused and are scheduled to be hosted in September 2014.
For more information on NHF Day events in your area check out http://www.nhfday.org/Page/Events.aspx.
2014 Live It! Grant Recipients:
- Mac Dougall Sportsmen’s and Conservation Association, Inc – Geneva, New York
- Cheboygan NWTF Chapter – Wolverine, Michigan
- Georgia State NWTF chapter – Ray City, Georgia
- Friends of Northwest Hatchery – Leavenworth, Washington
- West Virginia Wildlife Federation Inc. – Weston, West Virginia
- McCook Strutters National Wild Turkey Federation – Bartley, Nebraska
- Kids Outdoor Zone, Inc. – Austin, Texas
- Maryland Department of Natural Resources-Wildlife and Heritage service – Annapolis, Maryland
- Shenandoah Valley Chapter (Virginia) NWTF – Clearbrook, Virginia
- Friends of NRA- Sportsfest – Watertown, South Dakota
- DIVA International Foundation – Dallas, Texas
- National Wild Turkey Federation Missouri – Pacific, Missouri
- Herminie #2 Game Association – West Newton, Pennsylvania
“These clubs and organizations really stepped up on their applications for the Yamaha and NHF Day Live It! grants,” said Misty Mitchell, director of Conservation Programs Wonders of Wildlife. “We really enjoyed seeing a bunch of applicants through the application period. Yamaha and NHF Day did our best to select a broad range of recipients. At the end we have 12 states represented across the nation, from Washington in the Northwest all the way to Georgia in the Southeast.”
“Yamaha recently expanded the focus of its Outdoor Access Initiative to direct more resources to promoting responsible OHV use in the areas of hunting and fishing, and the funding provided for these efforts are a direct result of that vision,” said Steve Nessl, Yamaha’s ATV and Side-by-Side group marketing manager. “National Hunting and Fishing Day has been a great partner for many years. It’s exciting to see Yamaha’s efforts have helped expand the NHF Day reach with the first ever Live It grants.”
For questions regarding the NHFDay Live It Initiative, groups can call Wonders of Wildlife 417-225-1118, e-mail email@example.com or write to: Wonders of Wildlife 500 W Sunshine Springfield Mo 65807.
For more information about NHF Day, visit http://www.nhfday.org.