Illinois --(Ammoland.com)- American citizens have grown accustomed to having a high level of personal security.
Foreign enemies leave us alone out of respect for our military might. Here at home, our justice system protects us against those who won’t play by society’s rules.
Thanks to a strong national security posture, U.S. citizens have been free to enjoy the bounty our national resources have bestowed upon us.
Sadly, much of that has changed over the past decade. An entire generation that was steadily spoon-fed a diet of America-hating by leftist educators has come of age and has taken over our political system. With this takeover has come the institution of wayward foreign and domestic policy agendas that may result in the destruction of the America we once knew.
On the international front, our traditional allies now find us unreliable and even antagonistic. Cutbacks in our military signal our acceptance that world affairs should be governed by consensus – not through the leadership of the most powerful nations. We are lectured by the cultural elite on a daily basis that we need to be more accepting of those who are un-accepting of our way of life. Our elected leaders are playing a dangerous game of appeasement – telling our foreign enemies that we’ve been wrong while they’ve been right and that the United States is willing to back off its traditional foreign policies.
Here at home, the agenda of, “…knocking America down a peg” is well underway. Upon taking office, the current administration began dismantling the economic engine that powered our nation’s success. Rather than enriching America’s melting pot, this administration has fostered a climate of isolation, polarization and hatred. As evidenced by the NSA and IRS scandals, government agencies now work to protect the administration’s political agenda rather than working to preserve the American way of life. The practical impact of this administration’s America-hating agenda is best seen at our southern border where a flood of hungry mouths and unproductive hands threatens to dilute our already struggling economy.
Our current foreign and domestic policies are a recipe for disaster – essentially setting the nation up as a sitting duck for politically motivated violence. Whether you like it or not, you and your family may soon be in the thick of the consequences.
Administration officials admit that a large number of terrorist operatives have slipped across our borders unnoticed in recent years. These operatives are on a mission. They know that a free and open society is very sensitive to threats of violence and civil unrest. It is also a given that foreign terrorist operatives are probably partnering with domestic malcontents to plan and execute a campaign of violence against U.S. citizens.
Many terrorism experts say that we shouldn’t expect to see attacks quite as dramatic as those of 9/11. Rather, through smaller scale acts of crime and violence, our enemies will work patiently and deliberately to unravel our social fabric – one thread at a time.
Just what will these attacks look like? Suspicions are they could range from violent flash mob attacks launched against suburban neighborhoods, to bombings of apartment or condo complexes. There could be larger scale attacks on hotels and shopping malls as seen in Mumbai or Nairobi. In any case, civilians will be the primary targets of these terrorist cells.
Aided by smart phone technology and social networking, terrorists will be able to carry out attacks on citizens like you with great swiftness. It’s doubtful that the police will be able to head off an organized terror attack never mind defend you against it.
I know that I’m not painting a very pretty picture, but terror in the homeland may soon become the new American reality. That being the case, there is no better time than now for you and your family to get prepared for the worst.
Here are some preparations that I would recommend to you:
- 1. Have a frank talk with your family about what life will be like when America comes under siege. Discuss their fears but do not instill the notion that there is no hope.
- 2. Have every family member eligible for a concealed carry permit get one.
- 3. Be sure that your inventory includes the right firearms to defend your home and family. Every home should have: at least one medium-power semi automatic carbine such as an AK-47 or AR-15; a cylinder bore, 12-gauge pump shotgun with an extended magazine and; a handgun or two for each member of the family. It’s important that all rifles and shotguns have slings.
- 4. Make sure that your home defense/getaway firearms are chambered in common calibers such as .223, 7.62×39, 9mm or .45 ACP. If times really get rough, exotic calibers may be hard to come by.
- 5. Make sure that you have plenty of magazines for your carbines and pistols ( http://goo.gl/lyPDE1 ) loaded and staged in case your home becomes the target of attack. Ammunition sitting in boxes isn’t going to do you much good.
- 6. Be sure that everyone in your family trains and practices with each of your defense/getaway firearms. Weekly firearm training will keep your family in a high state of readiness during these uncertain times.
- 7. Start your family on a regular regimen of physical training. The better shape everyone is in, the better they will be able to fight their attackers.
I certainly hope that none of my predictions come to pass. But if they do, please be prepared. The future of your family may depend upon it.
Thank you for being a member.Richard Pearson
ISRA Executive Director
The ISRA is the state’s leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. Since 1903, the ISRA has represented the interests of over 1.5 million law-abiding Illinois firearm owners Visit: www.isra.org