By Rob Morse
Southern California –-(Ammoland.com) Sheriff Bill Gore said he will protect the citizens of San Diego county. and we have no need to protect ourselves.
The sheriff missed the thousands of crime victims last month. Most victims were unarmed and defenseless. Here are a few examples from a very long list;
- – A group of women were robbed at gunpoint in the Little Italy district at night. Two were shot.
- – A 76 year old man was attacked in a parking lot. The victim required two surgeries to repair damage to his face and eyes.
- – A registered sexual offender broke into a house and forcibly kissed and fondled the homeowner. The suspect was booked into San Diego Central Jail on suspicion of burglary, sexual battery, elder abuse and violation of parole.
- – A woman walking through North Park was attacked from behind and knocked to the ground. She called police once she regained consciousness.
- – Two college students were stabbed early Sunday morning in unrelated incidents. Both required hospitalization, but are expected to survive.
- – A man was found beaten to death in the front yard of his rural north-county home.
- – A 25 year old was beaten unconscious by three people late Tuesday night. Medics transported him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
- – A parolee is back behind bars after kidnapping a 21 year old woman at gunpoint.
Those are a few of the rapes, assaults and murders in San Diego County last month. These victims were denied the right of self-defense by Sheriff Gore. He says he can’t issue concealed carry permits to ordinary citizens, but many other California Sheriffs do exactly that.
A three judge panel of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals went so far as to call Sheriff Gore’s disarmament policy unconstitutional! Until the full court rules, the citizens of San Diego will remain disarmed. Every day another 150 San Diego residents become victims of violent crime. This will continue until Sheriff Gore recognizes their right of self-defense.
About Rob Morse: By day, Rob Morse works as a mild mannered engineer for a Southern California defense contractor. By night he writes about gun rights at Ammoland, at Gun Rights Magazine, Clash Daily and on his SlowFacts blog. He is an NRA pistol instructor and combat handgun competitor.