A Salute to American Workers of Today and Tomorrow
Nashville, TN -(Ammoland.com)- The Union Sportsmen’s Alliance (USA) and Sportsman Channel are combining efforts to honor the contributions of the American worker and celebrate today’s youth, who represent the future of our nation’s workforce and outdoor heritage.
Sportsman Channel’s Brotherhood Outdoors Labor Day Marathon, a salute to American workers and celebration of youth in the outdoors, is presented by Carhartt and airs exclusively on Monday, September 1 from 5–8 p.m. ET. For a sneak peak of what’s in store click here.
Today’s youth are consistently inundated with modern technologies and devices, which can serve as a distraction to fishing, hunting, biking, hiking, camping and other healthy outdoor activities. Throughout the Marathon, Brotherhood Outdoors co-hosts Daniel Lee Martin and Julie McQueen will provide viewers with interesting stories about the dedicated men and women who keep America moving forward and do their part to introduce America’s youth to our nation’s cherished outdoor lifestyle.
Sportsman Channel’s Brotherhood Outdoors Labor Day Marathon features six captivating episodes that include everything from a father and his sons guiding a fellow firefighter on a heart-pounding mule deer hunt in Arizona to a father and his daughters taking another young girl on her first coon hunt in Kentucky. The Marathon chronicles hard-working men and women who share a passion for outdoor adventures and are focused on passing along their great experiences to America’s youth.
“Many Americans celebrate Labor Day by spending time outdoors with their families,” said USA Executive Director and CEO Fred Myers. “Just as we educate and prepare today’s youth for future careers, we must teach them about conservation and to value the outdoor heritage that’s intrinsic to our great nation. That’s why educating youth about the outdoors is a key part of the Union Sportsmen’s Alliance’s mission and why we’re excited to once again partner with Sportsman Channel for this special Brotherhood Outdoors Labor Day Marathon.”
The following is a schedule for September 1 programming (all times listed ET):
- 5:00 p.m. Firefighter Michael McShane (IAFF Local 1312 – South Berwick, ME) experiences a hunting trip of a lifetime when he travels from Maine to the Arizona desert to hunt mule deer and javelina. The results are spectacular, and the stories are inspiring.
- 5:30 p.m. Hunting turkeys and wild hogs is the best of both worlds for Ohio bricklayer and turkey fanatic Jay Blankenship (BAC Local 39 – Jackson, OH). A trip to Tennessee to hunt massive gobblers and Russian boars will be a lifelong adventure for the union worker.
- 6:00 p.m. Electrical worker, Eric Patrick (IBEW Local 196 – Rochelle, IL ) is surprised with a fishing trip he could only dream of to Venice, Louisiana, where he fishes for cobia, red snapper, redfish, trout and tuna. The ups and downs will have viewers on the edge of their seats.
- 6:30 p.m. Daniel Lee Martin and Julie McQueen travel to Vancouver Island for a black bear hunt with UA member Mark Spreadborough (UA Local 290 – Kalama, WA). Viewers will be amazed to discover the firearm Spreadborough chooses on this dream hunt.
- 7:00 p.m. Adam McCormick (LIUNA Local 561 – Robards, KY) is a hard-working union laborer and a youth archery instructor. He travels to Wisconsin in hopes of claiming a trophy buck and then invites the show hosts to his home in Kentucky, where he and his daughters lead them and their young neighbor on a coon hunt by flashlight.
- 7:30 p.m. Michigan union roofer, Derek Carrington (Roofers Local 23 – Buchanan, MI) joins the Brotherhood Outdoors team in Kansas for a captivating buck hunt with Tallgrass Outfitters. Carrington will hunt in one of the best trophy-producing units in Kansas, much to the excitement of his young sons who are already following in his footsteps.
“Brotherhood Outdoors not only does a great job of showcasing hard-working American union workers, but the program also illustrates how the workers share a passion for the outdoors,” said Graig Hale, vice president of business development for Sportsman Channel. “Spending time with family in the outdoors and learning the traditions of hunting and fishing are woven into American history. Brotherhoood Outdoors will shine the spotlight on America’s youth and show audiences the importance of getting younger generations involved at an early age.”
To find Sportsman Channel in your area click here.
About the Union Sportsmen’s Alliance
The Union Sportsmen’s Alliance (USA) is a union-dedicated outdoor organization whose members hunt, fish, shoot and volunteer their skills for conservation. The USA is uniting the union community to expand and improve hunting and fishing access and wildlife habitat while passing on our national outdoor heritage.
About Sportsman Channel
Launched in 2003, Sportsman Channel/Sportsman HD is the only television and digital media company fully devoted to honoring a lifestyle that is celebrated by millions of Americans. The leader in outdoor television, Sportsman Channel delivers entertaining and informative programming that embraces outdoor adventure, hunting and fishing, and reveals it through unique, surprising and authentic storytelling. Sportsman Channel embraces the attitude of “Red, Wild & Blue America” – where the American Spirit and Great Outdoors are celebrated in equal measure. The network also is dedicated to promoting our nation’s military heroes and veterans, as well as providing a voice for conservation throughout the United States. Sportsman Channel reaches more than 36 million U.S. television households.