USA – -(Ammoland.com)- Hello AmmoLand readers, my name is John L. Cushman and I am running for re-election to the 2017 NRA Board of Directors.
I am seeking your vote.
I have been on the Board for just over 20 years and for many years on the Executive Committee.
As a resident of New York state I am intimately familiar with the frustrations of the New York SAFE act and I believe I have what it takes to continue to be of value to the gun owing sportsmen of Long Island, New York State, and to the USA.
I believe I am not only well known by most of the legislators and public officials but that I am respected as being a strong and knowledgeable Advocate for our firearms rights.
This year will be an especially tough fight for NRA board seats because there are 37 candidates for 25 positions and only the top 25 vote getter’s will be elected. I would very much appreciate your vote as well as help in circulating my name. Thank You!
Here is some background on myself.
- Nominated by NRA Nominating Committee and Petition. John Cushman is an
active unyielding fighter for the Second Amendment. Current Board
- NRA Benefactor member.
- Life member New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, New York State Conservation Council.
- Former US Marine. Active with NRA/ILA.
- Created Legal Defense Fund to fight handgun licensing abuses.
- Organizes and runs largest yearly Second Amendment Firearms Civil Rights Conference in the Northeast defending individual firearms civil rights and refuting anti-gunners such as Schumer and Clinton.
- Defends individual firearms rights on radio, television and newspapers. Inducted into NY State Outdoorsmen Hall of Fame and Honored by NYSRPA as Man of the Year 2016.
- Wrote authoritative policy statement used by outdoor writers and politicians nationwide defending semi-automatic firearms.
- Member; Military & Veterans Affairs, Grassroots Development and Outreach Committees and NRA Whittington Center.
John L. Cushman
Semper Fidelis (always faithful)
Semper Vigilante (always vigilant)