The Sportsman Channel Announces Winners For 2008 Sportsman Awards
Winners announced last night during the Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show in Orlando, Fla.
New Berlin, Wisconsin – -(TheOutdoorWire.com)- The Sportsman Channel is pleased to announce the following winners for the 2008 Sportsman Awards. The winners were announced on Friday, January 16th during the 5th Annual Sportsman Channel Awards event held at BB Kings in Orlando, Florida.
- Best Show Open Nominees: Christensen Outdoors
- Best Graphics or Visual Effects: All Outdoors with Alan Probst
- Best Videography: FlatsClass TV
- Best Video Editing: Own the Zone
- Best Informational/Educational Episode: Africa with Craig Boddington
- Best Small Game or Turkey Episode: Shoot Straight with Chad Schearer
- Best Upland Bird or Waterfowl Episode: Jay’s Outdoor Magazine with Mike Avery
- Best Freshwater Fishing Episode: Fly Rod Chronicles
- Best Saltwater Fishing Episode: FlatsClass TV
- Best Whitetail Deer Episode (new category): Whitetail Properties
- Best Big Game Episode: Hunting with the Pros
- Best Combination Show: Red Arrow
- Best New Series: Africa with Craig Boddington
- Viewer Favorite Hunting Show: Predator Quest
- Viewer Favorite Fishing Show: Addictive Fishing
- Viewer Favorite Combination Show: Cabela’s Ultimate Adventures
- Viewer Favorite Personality: Haley Heath of “Family Traditions with Haley Heath”
- Sportsman of the Year: Mike Avery with “Jay’s Outdoor Magazine with Mike Avery.”
“The Sportsman Channel is home to many of the industry’s top producers and to be singled out in that group is truly an honor,” said Mike Avery, receipt of TSC’s 2008 Sportsman of the Year. “I’m very pleased to get this award at a time when TSC is growing as a major force in the world of outdoor television.”
About the Sportsman Channel
Launched in 2003, The Sportsman Channel is the only network fully devoted to the more than 82 million sportsmen participants in the United States, delivering 100 percent hunting, fishing and shooting programming 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Acquired by InterMedia Outdoors Holdings in 2007, TSC is now a part of the nation’s largest multimedia company targeted exclusively to serving the information and entertainment needs of outdoors enthusiasts. Check out TSC’s new, interactive website and sign up for a free program guide/magazine at www.thesportsmanchannel.com.