Daisy Outdoor Products Supports Priority Youth Shooting Sports Program
Rogers, Arkansas – -(OutDoorWire.com)- The Youth Shooting Sports Alliance (YSSA) announces that Daisy Outdoor Products, the world's oldest and largest producer of airguns, has continued their generous donation to YSSA for use in support of youth shooting sports programs.
Daisy has been a long-time supporter of youth shooting safety and youth shooting sports programs. The company recognizes the impact that the YSSA is having on enabling organizations to introduce young and first-time shooters safely to airguns and to all disciplines of the shooting sports.
“The YSSA is doing a tremendous job of identifying, assessing and prioritizing needs. They are matching up donors who want to perpetuate the shooting sports with organizations which have a passion for youth shooting programs, but may lack the finances to acquire the equipment,” said Joe Murfin, Vice President of Marketing for Daisy and a member of the YSSA Board of Directors. “By making this donation available to YSSA, they can continue to fulfill some of their grant requests for airguns.”
The following priority youth shooting sports programs receiving support were among those selected by an industry panel convened to review proposals submitted by youth organizations in response to the 2008 National Youth Shooting Sports Program Needs Assessment:
1. Tuckabatchee Area Council, BSA, Montgomery, AL
2. Alaska Dept. of Fish & Game, Fairbanks, AK
3. South Florida Council, BSA, Miami Lakes, FL
4. Patriots' Path Council, BSA, Florham Park, NJ
5. South Texas Council, BSA, Corpus Christi, TX
6. Walhalla Army JROTC, Walhalla, SC
7. Great Trail Council, BSA, Akron, OH
8. Gerald R. Ford Council, BSA, Grand Rapids, MI
9. Longs Peak Council, BSA, Greeley, CO
10. Montana 4-H Shooting Sports
11. South Carolina 4-H Shooting Sports Program
12. Mobile Area Council, BSA, Mobile, AL
13. Sioux Council, BSA, Sioux Falls, SD
14. Northern Lights Council, BSA, Fargo, ND
15. Palmetto Council, BSA, Spartanburg, SC
For more information on Daisy products, visit their website at www.daisy.com.
The Youth Shooting Sports Alliance is a 501 (c)(3) private foundation whose mission is to identify and support the needs of successful and safe youth programs. Youth groups and industry members interested in learning more about the Youth Shooting Sports Alliance are encouraged to visit their website at www.youthshootingsa.com.