Public Input Sought For The Future Michigan Deer Management
MUCC, DNR to host eight regional meetings for local input on Michigan deer issues.
LANSING, MICHIGAN – -(OutDoorWire.com)-Michigan United Conservation Clubs (MUCC) and the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) are announcing some changes to the statewide tour of public meetings on deer management.
The meetings are aimed at gathering regional input for the ongoing development of a comprehensive state deer management plan. Input from the meetings will be reviewed by a Michigan Deer Advisory Team comprised of diverse stakeholders that will be charged with providing strategic recommendations for the plan to DNR. All public meetings will be from 6:30-8:30 p.m. local time and are open to the public.
The meetings will occur at locations specified as follows:
- February 17, 2009: Crystal Falls Township Hall, 1384 West US 2, Crystal Falls, MI (Note: this meeting is 6:30-8:30 p.m. CST, or 7:30-9:30 p.m. EST)
- February 17, 2009: Northwood University, Sloan Auditorium, 4000 Whiting Dr, Midland, MI
- February 17, 2009: DNR Carl T. Johnson Hunting and Fishing Center (located in Mitchell State Park), 6093 E. M-115, Cadillac, MI
- February 18, 2009: Hillman Community Center, 24220 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Hillman, MI
- February 24, 2009: Kalamazoo Nature Center, 7000 N Westnedge Ave, Kalamazoo, MI
- February 24, 2009: Oakland University, Meadow Brook Hall, 2200 N. Squirrel Road, Rochester, MI
· RESCHEDULED: March 2, 2009: McMillan Township Hall (Newberry Community Bldg), 405 Newberry Avenue, Newberry, MI
· NEW: March 3, 2009: Avalon Lansing West Hotel (formally Best Western-Midway Hotel), 7711 W. Saginaw Hwy, Lansing, MI