Kansas Army Ammunition Plant Announces 2009 Archery Deer Hunts

Kansas Army Ammunition Plant Announces 2009 Archery Deer Hunts
Application deadline Aug. 20; $50 access fee required.

Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks
Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks

Kansas Army Ammunition Plant – -(AmmoLand.com)- The 13,727 acre-Kansas Army Ammunition Plant (KSAAP), 3 miles east of Parsons, will conduct an archery deer hunt on Nov. 3-Nov. 15. Permits will be issued through a drawing. All hunters must be at least 16 years old and have successfully completed a hunter education course. Archery hunters must use a recurve bow, longbow, or compound bow. A doe must be harvested prior to harvesting an antlered deer. Hunters may elect to harvest a second doe. The application deadline for the archery deer hunt drawing is Aug. 20.

Applicants must mail their full name, drivers license number, social security number, birth date, address and phone number on a 3×5 index card enclosed in an envelope to Commander’s Representative, KSAAP, ATTN: SJMKS-NR, 23018 Rooks Road, Parsons, KS 67357. Hunters may apply alone, or pairs may apply by submitting information for both hunters on the same index card. The information provided will be used to conduct mandatory background checks for successfully-drawn applicants. Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be accepted.

Only successful applicants will be notified by mail. All participants will be required to attend a safety/security briefing Nov. 2 at 6 p.m. All hunt rules and questions will be addressed at that time. Successful applicants must pay a $50 federal access fee. Hunters must possess Kansas hunting licenses and deer permits. Hunts may be cancelled at any time due to heightened security or transfer of ownership. A recorded version of the application requirements can be reached by phoning 620-421-7429.

The Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks is a cabinet-level agency with a Secretary appointed by the Governor. A seven-member, bipartisan commission, also appointed by the Governor, advises the Secretary and approves regulations governing outdoor recreation and fish and wildlife resources in Kansas. The commission conducts business during regular public sessions.

Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments