Scholarship Offered by United Bow Hunters of NJ
New Jersey – -(AmmoLand.com)- The United Bow Hunters of NJ is offering a $1000 Wildlife Conservation Scholarship to a current UBNJ member or the son, daughter or spouse of a UBNJ current member. Applicants must be pursuing a degree in the field of Wildlife Conservation (or related field). The deadline for applying is May 31.
Application Submission Timeframe – April 15, 2009– May 31, 2009, Award announced by June 15, 2009, Disbursements to me made by August, 30 2009
Amount – $1000.00
Awards – 1
* Must be a current UBNJ member or Son, Daughter or spouse of a UBNJ current member
* Must have at least a 2.5 Grade point Average
* Must be pursuing a College Degree in the field of Wildlife Conservation
* Recipients are selected without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, handicap, or national origin
All applicants must provide the following information:
* Complete the Scholarship Application (on line at www.UBNJ.org)
* Write the essay specified in the application
All applicants must provide a written essay in a maximum of 750 words describing the following:
- The applicants experiences in wildlife and any personal influences on his or her life.
- A short section describing a wildlife related topic the applicant feels strongly about.
- Expectations of achievement both personally and professionally in the field of Wildlife Conservation
To claim the scholarship award you must:
- Provide a copy of your official transcript of grades (due within 30 after notification of award)
- Provide proof of enrollment (due within 30 days after notification of award)
Award Collection: The UBNJ Wildlife Conservation Scholarship Award will be in check form made payable in one installment. The Scholarship check will be made co-payable to both the award recipient and your school. The check must be deposited through your school’s finical aid office. To claim your award you must sign the Scholarship Award Agreement, provide a copy of current grade transcript and provide proof of enrollment.
The UBNJ supports, and participates in, improving sound wildlife conservation practices and the wise use of New Jersey’s renewable natural resources. For information on the scholarship visit http://www.ubnj.org/ubnj/UBNJ/scholarship.html on the UBNJ website.