The Weather is Great – Wish You Were Here Nebraska Outdoors
Nebraska – -(AmmoLand.com)- Mild temperatures make it an excellent time to take advantage of Nebraska’s exciting, affordable outdoor recreation.
It’s June – one of the best times to enjoy the Nebraska outdoors!
The weather is warm, but not hot; the fishing is plentiful; the parks are lush and green; and a multitude of opportunities for fun and adventure present themselves.
Whether you want to get away from it all for an evening, a day, a weekend, or longer, Nebraska offers a wide range of locations and outdoor pursuits that appeal to everyone. Best of all – Nebraska has consistently been noted as one of the least expensive places to visit in the U.S. (AAA 2008 Vacation Costs Survey.)
Relax on the water or in the shade at our scenic state parks. Teach the kids, grandkids or spouse how to fish in our lakes. Learn about history and the natural world in our state historical parks, fish hatcheries or visitor centers. Or just watch the world – and the wildlife – go by from your cabin, tent or RV.
Even dedicated hunters can make use of the summer to scout possible locations to visit in the fall. (Or, you could just relax and enjoy yourself!)
Best of all, to help make planning your next Nebraska getaway even easier, we have a wealth of information and resources on our website:
- Take video tours of our park areas across the state.
- Find your nearest fishing hole and view fish stocking reports.
- Learn about canoe trails and find outfitters.
- Check out our calendar of events (click on the Outdoor Calendar and a specific day for information).
- Get season dates for upcoming hunting seasons.
- Make camping, cabin and lodging reservations.
- Purchase fishing, park and hunting permits.
Visit our website, do some research and start planning your next outdoor Nebraska adventure today. Nebraska’s popular attractions and hidden gems are just waiting to be discovered!