Maryland DNR Announces Holiday Schedule
Annapolis, MD — -(AmmoLand.com)- Maryland State Parks and other public lands managed by the State will be closed during service reduction days for the 2009 holiday season, as part of the State’s Furlough and Temporary Salary Reduction Plan.
Public use parking lots, buildings and other facilities at State Parks will not be available on those days. State parks will remain open on Thanksgiving, Native American Appreciation Day and New Years Day.
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Regional Service Centers will be closed from Wednesday, November 25 through the Thanksgiving weekend. Offices will reopen on Monday, November 29 at 8:30 a.m. Recreational licenses can be purchased from any designated sport license agent location (https://dnr.maryland.gov/service/netag2.asp) or online at https://www3.wildlifelicense.com/md/.
- The Maryland State Park Holiday closing schedule is as follows:
- November 25 (the day before Thanksgiving) –State service reduction day
- December 24 (Christmas Eve) –State service reduction day
- December 25 (Christmas Day) – Holiday
- December 31 (New Years Eve) – State service reduction day
The Regional Service Center Holiday closing schedule is as follows:
- November 25 through November 29- State service reduction day and Thanksgiving weekend
- December 24 through December 27- State service reduction day and Christmas weekend
- December 31 through January 3- State service reduction day and New Years weekend
All State Park camping and cabin reservations will be honored on those days. Law enforcement personnel (Maryland Park Service Rangers and Natural Resources Police) will be on duty during the holidays and service reduction days.
In addition to regular holidays (Thanksgiving, Native American Appreciation Day, Christmas and New Years Day), all DNR offices will be closed on service reduction days (November 25, Christmas Eve and New Years Eve) as well.
For more information on State Parks visit to https://www.dnr.maryland.gov/publiclands/