National Shooting Sports Foundation Launches Improved Web Site
NEWTOWN, Conn. —-(AmmoLand.com)- The National Shooting Sports Foundation proudly announces the launch of an improved, redesigned Web site — the organization’s hub for providing timely news and educational materials to industry members and consumers.
The site, www.nssf.org, has undergone its first redesign in five years to improve navigation, maximize multi-media offerings and integrate social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook and blogs.
The new Web site will go live today, Friday, December 11, and NSSF invites regular and new visitors to check it out.
“The Internet is a key messaging and marketing tool in today’s world. Our site had been performing extremely well. However, the site was long overdue for a redesign and needed to match our new branding initiative,” said Mark Thomas, NSSF’s managing director, marketing communications. “I am extremely pleased with how our in-house new media staff took all the input from our research, membership and staff and turned this into a robust site that will better serve our membership for the near future.”
Basing its redesign efforts on Web metrics and survey feedback from users, NSSF focused on these key elements:
- Coordinating the Web site with NSSF’s overall brand look and feel.
- Uniting all NSSF programs under the NSSF umbrella.
- Improving navigation so that most information can be obtained in three clicks or less.
- Allowing for increased multi-media presentations produced in NSSF’s new video studio.
- Making it easier to stay connected with NSSF through social media tools and by signing up to receive newsletters, press releases, legislative alerts and blog posts via RSS and e-mail.
- Improving site search functionality.
- The site’s main categories are Industry, Shooting, Hunting and Safety, where all of NSSF’s many programs and services can be found.
An improved Online Newsroom serves as an excellent source of story ideas and background information on firearms issues that media can utilize in their stories.
NSSF reminds visitors that they can accomplish the following on the new Web site:
- Become an NSSF member
- Learn about the firearms and ammunition industry
- View and order educational literature and videos
- Order industry research
- Learn about locations where you can go shooting and hunting
- Contact your legislators about important firearms-related bills that affect the industry
- Find jobs in the industry
- Read the latest news affecting the industry
- Take a spin on the redesigned NSSF Web site at www.nssf.org.
The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 5,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers. For more information, log on to www.nssf.org.